Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1227

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    Don't want to go to your offsite meetings? Don't get vaccinated and you are excused. Two managers in my region have gotten out of attending. I always say Vaccination Has Its Privileges (or should, when it comes to wearing masks) but apparently Not Being Vaccinated Has Its Privileges as well.

Today I finally took a step towards normal. For the first time in 18 months I got together for lunch with an insurance broker that places business with me. It was so nice to leave my home office for the first time since covid started for a work related reason.

Next week I dive off the deep end. I’m going to a conference down in Santa Monica and will have meetings with at least a couple dozen people over the course of 2 1/2 days. Everyone has to be vaxxed or tested and I’m planning most of my meetings at the outdoor bar at the conference hotel and a couple of nearby restaurants that also have big outside areas. Hopefully the worst health consequence will be that I gain a couple of pounds.

Yppej
    A vaccinated coworker of mine doesn't believe in mandates and said if OSHA issues it and our company complies he will quit. He is already collecting details on things like getting on his wife's health insurance.

I said the company should set up some wholly owned subsidiaries each with less than 100 employees.

I learned today that a neighbor who has worked as a phlebotomist for one of the big national lab corporations, is on administrative leave because she’s refusing to get the covid19 vaccines. Apparently she thinks she already had the virus- refused testing, too- and it was “ no big deal.” SMH

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A vaccinated coworker of mine doesn't believe in mandates and said if OSHA issues it and our company complies he will quit. He is already collecting details on things like getting on his wife's health insurance.

I said the company should set up some wholly owned subsidiaries each with less than 100 employees.
    Does your vaccinated coworker have children? I hope he didn’t ever send them to school since schools also have vaccine mandates.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Does your vaccinated coworker have children? I hope he didn’t ever send them to school since schools also have vaccine mandates.
    His children are grown.

And people evolve politically. There were times when Native Americans, women, blacks, people who did not own property, the disabled, those who wanted to unionize, LBGTQ folk, pacifists, Communists, Japanese-Americans, the Irish, and many others did not have rights. In many cases the excuse for depriving them of their rights was public safety. I would hope we continue to move in the direction of greater freedom.

So we should have the freedumb to create new epidemics of mostly eradicated diseases? Thank goodness your version of freedom is not held by the majority of Americans. You all would make this a really shitty place to live.

I wonder if I can find a small fire department to work at, where I don't have to wear 80 pounds of gear and a self contained breathing apparatus just to do my job. Those safety-toed fire-resistant boots are uncomfortable too, and can cause trench foot.

Maybe someone will let me wear flip flops and a Hawaiian shirt?

And don't get me started on all the ongoing vaccinations I have to have, and those stupid OSHA work rules.

Fascists.

Yppej
    At work we can tell when someone comes in and they're wearing flipflops they aren't a contractor, but unless prohibited by law, or for a part they could really hurt themselves trying to install, we sell it to them. It's a free country and Home Depot disrupted the wholesale or no sale paradigm. So people are more free to do their own home repairs now. Increasing freedom is - or should be - the arc of history.

Good friend of mine has worked in the trades for a large hospital group here for something like 15 years. He has some condition (can't remember what it is) that his doctor says would be triggered and become much worse if he got the vax. He submitted a medical exemption, complete with documentation from his doctor and he is being fired because he can't get the shot. He has several coworkers who've submitted valid medical exemptions, as well, and they are also being fired. I'm being told that medical exemptions are being rejected across the board.

WTF.

Thread Information