Page 108 of 123 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1227

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I thought it was what happens when washing raw chicken. Ack salmonella, it's everywhere!!!
    Is washing raw chicken something people actually do?

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Before I prepare it for cooking, I rinse it briefly just to wash off the fluid it's been "resting in".

Handling raw chicken was literally the part of life where I most worried about germs before the coronavirus. I do wash it, sometimes cut skin off, sometimes marinate, that's all contaminated.

But such was the extent of my dealing with germs pre-coronavirus, the most contaminated thing I ever did. Sure there were colds, but I rarely get sick.
    Trees don't grow on money

oh hell yes!

Can’t you feel the slimy bacteria all over it when handle it? Now does it really get rid of significant amounts of bacteria? Probably not, But it certainly feels cleaner to me when I wash off that top layer of slime. Chicken goes bad very quickly.

That’s interesting. I seem to remember reading somewhere that all that washing would do is splatter the bacteria all over the place so I’ve never done it. I do, however, wash my hands thoroughly immediately after handling it and even wash the tongs after flipping it if I’m grilling it.

That’s interesting. I seem to remember reading somewhere that all that washing would do is splatter the bacteria all over the place so I’ve never done it. I do, however, wash my hands thoroughly immediately after handling it and even wash the tongs after flipping it if I’m grilling it.
    I usually wash it in a deep kitchen sink so the only splash back goes into the kitchen sink.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 2-24-21 at 9:10am.

You should NOT WASH ANY MEAT! https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/...re-cooking-it/

"Just imagine all those little buggies flying off your meat as you rinse, latching onto the water molecules of the microscopic mist, and landing in your open mouth or nostrils, on the counters beside the sink, and on your clothes. Ewww. Any bacteria lurking on meat when it comes out of the package will die during cooking. Sadly, you can’t say the same for your sink, counters, utensils, or cutting board, all of which should be washed with hot, soapy water, rinsed, and then air- or paper-towel-dried after being in contact with meat."

I have often wondered about this so just checked. It makes sense."
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

My mother had a smooth ceramic cutting board to minimize the chance of bacteria sticking to it. We just use a different one for meat and then put it through the dishwasher.

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    You should NOT WASH ANY MEAT! https://www.chowhound.com/food-news/...re-cooking-it/

"Just imagine all those little buggies flying off your meat as you rinse, latching onto the water molecules of the microscopic mist, and landing in your open mouth or nostrils, on the counters beside the sink, and on your clothes. Ewww. Any bacteria lurking on meat when it comes out of the package will die during cooking. Sadly, you can’t say the same for your sink, counters, utensils, or cutting board, all of which should be washed with hot, soapy water, rinsed, and then air- or paper-towel-dried after being in contact with meat."

I have often wondered about this so just checked. It makes sense."
    hmm, ok I will take that under advisement. I doubt that I will ever mask up like a surgeon to wash chicken and avoid microscopic bacteria, but I will be more mindful of it. Thank you.

I don’t wash meat.

Thread Information