Page 79 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    The corporate office is shut down while everyone goes for rapid tests. Someone there went to a party.

At my location someone has been out for a week still waiting on conventional test results. He had house guests. We put a bigger mask sign on the door but it is not being enforced and compliance is under 50%.

If corona turns more deadly maybe we will develop a genetic preference for introversion as extroverts kill themselves off.

Happystuff: That is encouraging. Hope it goes well!

My boyfriends coworkers mom that the coworker lives with has it. So bfs coworker is getting tested and my bf is getting tested. We will see if we all get it including me or not.

We pretty much have uncontrolled spread of it here now. Good job folks, we've done a bang up job on this.
    Trees don't grow on money

Happy, that’s great news. APN, I really hope you all are negative.

Good luck, happy!

APN, hope you don’t get it n

Thanks, everyone.

APN, I hope you and everyone else are negative!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

A friend's friend--a VP at a major company--was just fired (along with others) a few months short of her potential retirement date. From the sounds of it, that was a blessing in disguise, but she hasn't got around to realizing it. Fortunately, money isn't at issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    A friend's friend--a VP at a major company--was just fired (along with others) a few months short of her potential retirement date. From the sounds of it, that was a blessing in disguise, but she hasn't got around to realizing it. Fortunately, money isn't at issue.
    Fired or permanently laid off?

Getting permanently laid off was a blessing in my case, as well.

I received an email yesterday from the in-person interview I had last week. They wanted me to come in for a follow up interview. I told them I had accepted another position. Basically, you're too late (but not in those words!). The guy told me to let him know if it doesn't work out.

Permanently laid off, I guess. It's not like she was stealing pencils or something.

Yppej
    One manager wore a mask for the first time today, the other one still is not. Employees are supposed to wear masks in customer areas now but only about half of them are. No one is making customers wear them either. The corporate office reopened after their employees, a couple hundred people, were all rapid tested. Employees continue to attend social events. Two at my site are going to weddings this weekend. If it were me I would just live in sin rather than expect people to attend my wedding in times like these.

Thread Information