Page 97 of 123 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Just a thought, Tradd. Have you told told him what you like about his system? He is having someone with experience (meaning you) looking at his system with fresh eyes and may need some supportive confirmation as well.
    Yes, I have. Repeatedly. The fact that he’s paperless is awesome. I love the automated emails.

He’s finished the customer profiles for key accounts as of today. He said he will then keep on top of new customers as they happen.

Today was actually pretty good. I spent the majority of the day plowing through the remainder of the 40 shipments we had gotten last week. I’m feeling much more comfortable.

Things just seemed to click today. For the big customer, we got nearly 30 new shipments from them today. They are very repetitive, but I've dealt with this sort of thing on a regular basis before. Boss said if they keep up, that alone will cover my salary. He's very glad he's got some help now. LOL. He's letting me concentrate on this customer as they're simple clearances and good to get very familiar with the system on.

Boss has finished the basic customs clearance how-to.

What I have learned today:

Although somewhat similar, a Letter of Intent is considered different than a Cover Letter.

But, in my opinion, just as difficult to write. LOL.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    What I have learned today:

Although somewhat similar, a Letter of Intent is considered different than a Cover Letter.

But, in my opinion, just as difficult to write. LOL.
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Eh?
    LOL. That was my initial response as well, but after doing a bit of research, there does seem to be a difference! Not sure everyone is aware and I truly believe people use the two interchangeably. I actually believe that this position requesting a Letter of Intent is really meaning a Cover Letter. But, anyway, it was still interesting to learn.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    LOL. That was my initial response as well, but after doing a bit of research, there does seem to be a difference! Not sure everyone is aware and I truly believe people use the two interchangeably. I actually believe that this position requesting a Letter of Intent is really meaning a Cover Letter. But, anyway, it was still interesting to learn.
    Do you mean in the context of a job search?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Do you mean in the context of a job search?
    Yes, sorry. This thread has been about work and job searches so I didn't specifically say.

Additional paperwork required with application submission.

Interesting. To me a letter of intent sounds you would say you’re intending to take the job.

Yppej
    We had our first case today of a customer claiming he is exempt from wearing a mask. It will be interesting to see if others follow suit. The state does not require a doctor's note or other proof.

I wonder what critical mass we would have to get to in order to dump the mask mandate. If 99% of people said they were exempt would the 1% still have to wear masks?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    We had our first case today of a customer claiming he is exempt from wearing a mask. It will be interesting to see if others follow suit. The state does not require a doctor's note or other proof.

I wonder what critical mass we would have to get to in order to dump the mask mandate. If 99% of people said they were exempt would the 1% still have to wear masks?
    We had a woman come in twice, trying that. The first time, she tried waiting inside for her friends to arrive.
    I should have had to deal with that, but it outraged one of the owners so much, (and they are at high risk), that they dealt with it.
    In the last week, the other owner, died suddenly, now I am an owner. (and I am still trying to wrap my head around all of this)

Around here, they did start issuing tickets to the customers (basically a OK, your trespassing, ticket with a $500 fine). I only know of one so far as the businesses are basically stuck with "we have a right to refuse service and please leave, your trespassing," (while calling LEO's to deal with them), thing.

Thread Information