Page 21 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I had a good PPO plan. Cost me $250 a month. So I can’t imagine what it would be under COBRA.
    Tradd, price out ACA coverage. But if providers don’t take it, I guess it’s pretty useless.

For us in the years bridging retirement and Medicare, it was decent, even though we did have to pay back a shit ton of money in subsidies for the year 2019. But that’s OK, we were covered, and there was really no other way to do it by then because potential COBRA coverage had run out.

I did take cobra coverage as long as I could and that was $12,000 a year for 2 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Raises, scheduled to go into effect Monday, are on hold indefinitely. The dress code has also been suspended for a week now. The boss got us all lunch in appreciation of our hard work at a time of crisis.
    Yppej, please remind me what sort of work you do. Being able to dress in jeans or something more comfortable was always great for me.

Yppej
    Yppej, please remind me what sort of work you do. Being able to dress in jeans or something more comfortable was always great for me.
    I work for a supplier. We support the food and fire protection industries among others deemed essential.

Tradd, did the people still working have more seniority or were they paid less so they saved money getting rid of you? So much crap goes on in workplaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Tradd, did the people still working have more seniority or were they paid less so they saved money getting rid of you? So much crap goes on in workplaces.
    In my department, I had the most seniority by 3.5 years. Manager had been there 9 years and supervisor 10. One guy brought over from one of the company’s South African offices last year has been with company for 8 years. Princess had been there about 2.5 years. Manager and supervisor got paid more. Not sure about South Africa guy but he worked on different projects so wasn’t really involved with our stuff.

So yes, they saved money by getting rid of me. They also lost a ton of knowledge. Their loss. I’m glad I’m gone.
    Last edited by Tradd; 3-28-20 at 9:46am.

Only started on my resume today. I needed to put some distance between me and the old job.

They are short sighted because in the long run they will lose money by getting rid of you.

Only started on my resume today. I needed to put some distance between me and the old job.
    I can totally relate to this.

Applied for my 1st job yesterday, but since there was a "test" after the application, I've held off applying for anything else there until I get the results.

It's very interesting how job-hunting has changed since the last time I needed to look!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I was thinking how nice it would be if there were lots more teleworking--nice for the environment, nice for traveling on the roads--imagine no commuting! You would save tons of time, and have more for your loved ones. The advantages seem almost endless to me. I'm sure we'll get there some day; I'd like to think this would speed things up.

We’re hiring as fast as we can. Had been for a year due to expansion in our department and it continues as we are still opening new units. Just opened one this week which was part of the expansion plan but was pushed forward due to plans to have more units with less patients per unit in the event that we need separate rooms for covid patients. Might open another next week. But we are desperate for staff,

Thread Information