Page 47 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Yes, I've read the website and looked at the company history and was going to include something about that, but more as a comment, rather than as a question.
    Just have a question about the company in your back pocket.

ETA: Any time you give someone the opportunity to talk about themselves, the more they feel invested in you. Just like, what if you were at a party and someone said, "Tradd, how did you get into diving?" It gives you a chance to share a piece of yourself with that person.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I did bring up the one question I had about the company's products and it went well. I also asked about vacation time, how annual reviews were done, when health insurance goes into effect (60 days). This position is eligible for a 10% bonus. The salary I had indicated ($10K more than I made at the last job) was said to be well within the range for the position.

HR person was a very chatty, very friendly woman. Much better than the guy who I interviewed with a few weeks ago. There is only one other candidate other than me. My customs background was what caught the attention.

This is a tool company. I mentioned that I had been working on my scuba gear a few days ago, reached into my tool box for a nut driver, and it turned out to be one from this company. She ended up asking about my diving at the end of the interview, and she was surprised about Great Lakes wreck diving. Had never heard of it. Very intrigued.

The position was created because they keep growing. The work has gotten to be too much for one logistics person.There would be 4 phone interviews with not just the hiring manager or the current logistics person, but other people the logistics person deals with a lot. Would be a final 1 hour in person interview. The only thing I don't have a lot of experience with is the freight rates negotiating. I've not done a ton of it, but I know the basics and I can go to other people to learn more.

I felt it was a very positive interview, but we will see. With only two candidates, I might have more than one interview before they decide who is the top candidate.

Yppej
    Best of luck Tradd!

Wow, that went really well, and it sounds like a good place to work! Will keep sending positive energy!

Awesome!! Good luck!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Fingers crossed that this is The One!

It sounds great Tradd!

Sounds positive so far -- good luck!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    With or without the governor's approval we are opening the non-essential side of the business next week with safety measures in place. The floors were taped off today.

Lots of luck for the position, Tradd.

Thread Information