Page 52 of 123 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Yppej
    I have a coworker handing out masks his wife made, so I have 3 now at work plus 1 at home, and two are washable so I can rotate them, but thank you anyways happystuff. I doubt the dirty mask wearer asked for another one. When you force people to do something they tend to follow the bare minimum of the law. Internal motivation is much better than external motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have a coworker handing out masks his wife made, so I have 3 now at work plus 1 at home, and two are washable so I can rotate them,
    Good. That was nice of the coworker and it's nice to hear that you now have masks available.

Well, if you think the dirty mask wearer didn't ask for one, maybe just offer one.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    The plexiglass is up, but people still try to crowd the counter. They disregard tape on the floor and were leaning across the tables in front of the counter. We have now put upside down stools on top of the tables. If people could just keep their distance no one would feel the need for a mask. We need a technology like in some cars. If you try to back up and get too close it beeps. Cell phones should emit an alarm if you come within 6 feet of people.

If people could just keep their distance no one would feel the need for a mask.
    Tell us more about viral loads, persistence of suspended particulates in indoor environments, HVAC systems, droplet generation from speech, and so on....

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Tell us more about viral loads, persistence of suspended particulates in indoor environments, HVAC systems, droplet generation from speech, and so on....
    On the news last night was updated information from the CDC. The fear of droplets on surfaces has been overblown. I have started taking cash at work with my bare hands and sanitizing them immediately afterwards. Transmission in chlorinated water is nonexistent so people don't need to wear masks in the pool. Check out the CDC website if you want more details.

On the news last night was updated information from the CDC. The fear of droplets on surfaces has been overblown.
    The context of my comment, as was clear from the quote about "need for a mask", was masks....

So, not about surfaces.

However, it was about suspended particulates. I believe I used that exact term.

I'm hampered in my understanding of such things though by reading research publications, and not looking at the popular news so much...

Yppej
    The context of my comment, as was clear from the quote about "need for a mask", was masks....

So, not about surfaces.

However, it was about suspended particulates. I believe I used that exact term.

I'm hampered in my understanding of such things though by reading research publications, and not looking at the popular news so much...
    You also used the term droplets, and droplets land on surfaces.

On the news last night was updated information from the CDC. The fear of droplets on surfaces has been overblown. I have started taking cash at work with my bare hands and sanitizing them immediately afterwards. Transmission in chlorinated water is nonexistent so people don't need to wear masks in the pool. Check out the CDC website if you want more details.
    Oh did I need a good belly laugh. YOU trying to educate Bae? Now there's one for the books.

And so happy to hear you finally understand proper use of gloves (NOT using them), and using hand sanitizer as recommended. I didn't expect to see that from you.

You also used the term droplets, and droplets land on surfaces.
    Come now.

You made a statement, an incorrect one, about masks. I asked you to clarify, and you quite understand that.

Now you are engaging in dishonest argumentation.

Yppej
    Come now.

You made a statement, an incorrect one, about masks. I asked you to clarify, and you quite understand that.

Now you are engaging in dishonest argumentation.
    Six feet distance is what public health experts recommend, and IF you cannot maintain that THEN you need a mask. Hence if people didn't get up in others' space the mask would not be necessary according to the experts not me. In my state mask fines only apply if you aren't 6 feet away from others except in one overzealous municipality. Instead of don't crowd the plow we need don't crowd other people.

Thread Information