Page 56 of 123 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

There are always face shields one can try.

Yppej
    Another good day - I found out two more of the furloughed employees at my site are coming back Monday. There are four more still laid off.

I actually found a customs brokerage job to apply for today! There hasn't been much lately.

Yppej - good news.

Yppej
    Good luck Tradd. More jobs should materialize as the economy opens up.

Many jobs are going to be lost end of June when the loans to small business run out, they are only staying open for the payroll protection loans, I know for a fact this is going on, and they aren't telling their current employees . Noone is going to hire just for that at this point though I don't think, so any new job isn't going to run into this. Good luck with the latest job, sounds like a fit.
    Trees don't grow on money

APM, customs brokers/freight forwarders are usually pretty big companies. The one I applied for today is much larger than the one I used to work for. And they’re often based overseas. So I don’t know if they would even be eligible for the federal bail out $$.

And the recruiter I’ve been working with has positions that have been open since Feb or March but the companies decided to hold off until the SAH orders were expired.

That's good. Payroll protection was for small business, problem is small business is a pretty big employer (I work for one but the inside information I have on this is not on my company, afterall I would not have *that* information). So who knows how hard it hits when it expires. But I'm glad it doesn't apply to your industry.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I actually found a customs brokerage job to apply for today! There hasn't been much lately.

Yppej - good news.
    Nice!! Good luck with it and I hope it pans out.

I really hope that the background checks will start up again in June. Any other jobs have not panned out, but I am still hoping for the school custodian.

Oh, and I got a "thank you, but no thank you" on the Cobol programming.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    Happystuff how long have you been looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Happystuff how long have you been looking?
    I got let go in March. I had, however, started looking for extra part time work and fell upon the custodial job back in February. EVERYTHING has been cleared except the background check - apparently because the civilians that do that job for the state police are not back at work yet. Fingers crossed it comes through in June.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information