Page 72 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone’s work being affected by coronavirus?

Well, the interview went very well, but I am about $10K higher than their range for the position, as I have my brokers license. The interviewer was very impressed with my experience, and was going to see if the position's scope might be expanded some with me having my license. Their range is $40K-$50K. My range is $60-65K. I made about $63K at the old place.

They are pretty much totally paperless for their operation. I have 13 years' experience on the industry software they use. They provided all technology needed for their employees to work from home. Third monitors, etc. The third monitor is in portrait mode. It's used for documents, so they can be easily edited, etc. All paperless. Have Adobe Pro so multiple PDFs can be combined into one. They closed their office 3/15 and aren't looking at going back until mid-August at the earliest. Family owned company so they were working with when people needed to be home due to their kids. Only 2 people in the department. This position is an expansion. Sounds good so far. They've phone screened (25-30 min interviews) 35 people so far. There have been a lot of layoffs.

Oh, and @jp1 - I got brownie points for asking your CV-19 questions during the interview today. Guy said it was a very good question and no one had asked it before.

Good luck, Tradd! That's a lot of people, but you never know.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

When I changed jobs from the state of Kansas to Nevada I had to take a 4K pay cut because Nevada was only hiring at the bottom of the pay scale. Maybe they will come up to 55 as a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Oh, and @jp1 - I got brownie points for asking your CV-19 questions during the interview today. Guy said it was a very good question and no one had asked it before.
    Sweet! Glad I could help.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    When I changed jobs from the state of Kansas to Nevada I had to take a 4K pay cut because Nevada was only hiring at the bottom of the pay scale. Maybe they will come up to 55 as a compromise.
    Or perhaps Tradd you could ask for an extra week of vacation. It wouldn't cost them anything and then you could do more diving.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Or perhaps Tradd you could ask for an extra week of vacation. It wouldn't cost them anything and then you could do more diving.
    Well, even if they offered $55K, that's still $7K less than I was getting at the old company. An extra week of vacation does me no good when the money for diving would be greatly reduced.

Interview today went VERY well. Three candidates total. I’m the last interviewed and top candidate, I was told. The pay would be a bit less than I was getting, but much cheaper health insurance makes up for it. 3 week pool annually of vacation/sick time. You get paid for anything you don’t take. This is HUGE. 8-430. I worked until 5 at the previous place. Told them I could start the last Wed of the month as I have a short vacation already scheduled. Customs brokerage only. None of the transportation stuff.

I’d be at the top of their range, $55K, but I’d be paying $100 a month for insurance instead of $325. Makes a big difference. Commute would be the same. Just around the corner from previous office.

I hope I get this one!

Good luck! Fingers crossed.

Good luck, Tradd!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information