Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad house, happy neighbors

Sad house, happy neighbors

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-67436?view=qv

I hope this link to photos works for you. If not, look up 1721 Carroll Street St. Louis on Zillow or Realtor.com.

Much to all our surprise, the creepiest neighbors in the world have put their house in the market. They raised two children in this house. Jesus god. I mean, our house looked like this when we bought it but we did eventually complete our house.

There are few “shells” left in this neighborhood. There is a market for it, someone will snap it up.

This house is on my block, a few doors down from us. The mother of the family was rude and antisocial.

They had two kids. From what i can tell, their daughter has a normal life. Their son is an SOB.

We are dancing on our block about them leaving.

I am posting this because this house shows how people lived in my neighborhood in the 70’s, 80’s, and in to the 90’s. We visited MANY houses in this condition over our 30 years here.

I can’t believe those people lived like that for all those years. It will be beautiful when fixed.

So, people actually lived there..

I'm going to suspend judgement because for several years, when we were in the crapper, our house was in BAD need of repair, and we wanted it, but it was beyond our reach at the time. In full disclosure, I was embarrassed about the condition of our house for that period of time. I hate to think of the word our kids would use when thinking about inviting friends over. I try to block that thought. My BIL called our bathroom a "construction zone" because we had leaks we didn't know how to address, so we taped plastic on the walls.

As soon as I could afford it I got a Rebath bath and shower enclosure, which was a reasonable solution for us. Certainly not classy, but clean.

I feel bad for the kids if they had to grow up there. Sometimes those living conditions are an act of will; sometimes inaction due to despair or overwhelm. BTDT.

Boy, I wish I had $150k to spare. Looks like GREAT potential.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine, then probably another 150 to fix it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Catherine, then probably another 150 to fix it up.
    For sure..
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

$150,000 is too much for this, should be closer to $100,000. It will take $300,000-$400,000 to complete if they hire it all done. I have no idea how solid the basic plumbing is. If the owners never put in a new sewer system it is guaranteed to need it, though that is only about $8,000.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 1-30-20 at 3:54pm.

I think even at $1 that house might not be a value.

Wow.

Plus it’s not in a good neighborhood.

It looks like a project that got permanently interrupted.
    Gandhi: Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony .

Thread Information