Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: To those not especially fond of Joe Biden.....

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If a third party reaches certain threshold they can maintain party status in a state, get their own primary, qualify for Federal funding from the check off box on your taxes, etc. There is also the matter of conscience, and knowing you respected all those people who gave their lives to ensure your right to vote, whilst not voting for dishonest and otherwise repugnant candidates.
    Then you lose your voice to bitch about trump. You are enabling him.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Not at all. Unlike you I understand how the electoral college works. I refuse to hold my nose and vote and in my state I can proudly vote my conscience. Voting is a pleasure for me.

I guess Y is in a Democrat state so it won’t matter. In some states it will matter.

You got it TT.

Yes, the democrat candidate will win in Massachusetts.

If I vote for Biden do I lose the right to complain about anything Biden does? I want to make sure to vote in a way that I still have a right to complain about bad policy no matter who wins. But it seems my right to complain is going to be curtailed no matter who I vote for, or even if I don't vote.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    This is nonsense. In America, your right to bitch is absolute whether you voted for a major party candidate or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Not at all. Unlike you I understand how the electoral college works. I refuse to hold my nose and vote and in my state I can proudly vote my conscience. Voting is a pleasure for me.
    I took a class about the electoral college .. unlike you, i am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    If I vote for Biden do I lose the right to complain about anything Biden does? I want to make sure to vote in a way that I still have a right to complain about bad policy no matter who wins. But it seems my right to complain is going to be curtailed no matter who I vote for, or even if I don't vote.
    You, obviously, missed the point. Vote for who you think can beat trump. Vote for someone who OBVIOUSLY wii not make the cut.. then shut up about trump... you helped re-elect him.

Frugal-one, have you also taken a class in our First Amendment right to complain about the government?

Thread Information