Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting new projects?

Decided to revive this thread as I revived an old project yesterday. I am back to scanning photos to digital and decluttering the photo albums. I like hitting two things at once - LOL. I'm saving *some* pictures, but not many. After all, how many pictures of zebras and elephants from all the zoo trips do I need to physically keep??? LOL. It's definitely a fun project as I am going down "memory lane" in the process.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So funny, I have been the exact opposite, going from digital pictures on phone and printing them out into albums. I have found it just as you have--a fun trip down memory lane, and I love my albums, as we like looking at the pictures juxtaposed on the page. I also have been discarding several and sending some to relatives and that has felt really, really good.

Someday we'll go through and winnow down the albums, but that's to do as a family, so my kids can take what they want.

I've been sewing and quilting like crazy. My charity group stack is 9 I think. I have 12 quilted and awaiting binding, 5 more tops awaiting quilting, 2 more tops partially cut that I'll sew up this next week.

hubster came into my studio Thursday and said "wow, there are really some big holes in your stash!". Yes, I have enough fabric.

Gardnr, I am just about finished with a scrap quilt that made almost no dent in my scraps.

My d--- MCM chair is still sitting here unfinished. However, one of my messes that took over has now all been cleaned up. I started a whole bunch of seeds in the sunroom in Feb and they have almost all now been moved outside to the gardens. Felt really good to clean up the messy sunroom.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Gardnr, I am just about finished with a scrap quilt that made almost no dent in my scraps.
    I have a friend who made 2 70*90 tops out a little plastic shoebox.

No slipcovers yet, but I did get the sewing machine from my DD. We're steeped in house projects. We're about 75% finished painting the exterior and we're deep in garden bed prep and planting mode.

Then I have a wedding dress to make. I don't see slipcovers being done until the fall.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Making good progress in garden. Main bed is all set now, with weeds out, perennials sorted out, seeds planted for annuals, and everything in.

Cushaws are planted. Am in weed and mint removal mode now. May put the tomato seedlings out soon even though they are tiny, but they are getting so leggy, and I'm about to buy tomato plants, which does not make sense since I started these.

Given up starting anything new inside. Too nice outside.
    Am wildly behind on my one knitting project, but am about a quarter of the way through it. Need to buckle down and knit each night.

I planted the garden this weekend. 18 tomatoes, 8 zucchini, 4 spaghetti squash, 4 butternut squash, 12 eggplant, 12 peppers-variety, some herbs and a flat of marigolds for insect repellent. Plus, I love the bright yellow flowers all summer. Let the growing begin!

All these gardens sound wonderful. I'm still trying containers this year, but sort of wish I had done a bed.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information