Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting new projects?

8 zucchini?????? What do you do with all the excess? If I have 2 plants, its way more than I can use up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    ... a flat of marigolds for insect repellent. Plus, I love the bright yellow flowers all summer. Let the growing begin!
    Yup. I got me a flat of marigolds, too, for exactly the same reasons! Plus tomatoes, a lot of different lettuces and chard, cucumbers, and herbs: basil, lemon thyme, rosemary. Plus they had a buy one get one free on lavender--1 qt containers. I can't wait to plant them. I'm considering a lavender border alongside my veggie gardens. If DH lets me do it, I'll be back buying about 8 more.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    8 zucchini?????? What do you do with all the excess? If I have 2 plants, its way more than I can use up.
    I bought 4 that looked great. When I went to plant? Each had a double. I use a lot in my ratatouille. I've also never ever had a neighbor say no to fresh zucchini.

I'm a little late to the thread here, but I'm in the same boat. In the process of cleaning and decluttering I've found projct items that I've wanted to do, and then subsequently clutter up the space again. I'm also pretty bad at finishing projects in anything resembling a timely manner, so my nice spaces end up cluttered more often than not. Trying to work on it, but not doing a very good job so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Brady View Post
    I'm a little late to the thread here, but I'm in the same boat. In the process of cleaning and decluttering I've found projct items that I've wanted to do, and then subsequently clutter up the space again. I'm also pretty bad at finishing projects in anything resembling a timely manner, so my nice spaces end up cluttered more often than not. Trying to work on it, but not doing a very good job so far...
    Me too, me too!

I am trying to get around this by starting to do a daily clean up, where everything in the house gets returned to where it belongs. I say this looking at a counter covered with flower pots, a spray bottle of water, a new kitchen faucet, two mysterious jump drives... Obviously, I have to get on this concept a lot more! Some people advocate 15 minutes before bed but I am going to try the morning, when I have more energy, and go through each room and put stuff away.

I’m really good at scattering things all over the kitchen and dining area. So I’m cultivating a habit of putting things in their places while my dinner is cooking each day. So far, it’s working pretty well. The test will come, I suppose, when we are allowed to go out again, and I’m not home for dinner...

I got the counter cleared and polished it and now I dont want anything messing it up.

Need to do the same with the dining room table and my bedside table.

Those three are the worst areas.

Scatterer here, too!!

The first two years I was up in VT, I did great with clutter control, but I seem to be losing it a little. My office desk is a hot spot, and the central farmhouse table.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Thread Information