Thread: Real estate owned by the candidates

Real estate owned by the candidates

Interesting and fun article in the WSJ (hopefully you can get through the paywall).

Pictures and descriptions of the real estate owned by the major political candidates. Noteworthy is the deal Pete Buttigieg got on his home. Also noteworthy is the comment that Bernie's North Hero house has probably appreciated since he bought it in 2016 because "the market in the islands is strong"--Yes! That's good for me. My house in the islands is about a mile from North Hero.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Oh! I didn’t realize you were Bernie’s neighbor, that’s cute, that’s why you’re so into him ha ha. Kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Oh! I didn’t realize you were Bernie’s neighbor, that’s cute, that’s why you’re so into him ha ha. Kidding.
    Well, ya know, he IS my homeboy.

Not sure if I ever mentioned that we met him at Burlington Airport a couple of years ago--2015, during his primary campaign last time around. We were visiting the kids, and when we got off the plane, he was sitting eating at the one restaurant there. My DH, who is so good at picking out famous people, noticed him, and told me he was going to approach him. Shy Me would NEVER have done that, because a) I'm shy, and b) Vermonters leave him alone out of respect and courtesy. But my DH is able to occasionally override courtesy and get away with it because of his gregarious nature, and so he went up to him and shook his hand and told him that he was rooting for him (he wasn't) and Bernie thanked us and was very polite.

That was an awesome day. Went to VT, saw my kids and met Bernie Sanders all in one day.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I saw Bernie a couple of times in Vermont in the 1980s, when I'd head up there on weekends with my roommate who lived near Burlington.

He is taller in person than he looks on TV, or maybe he's shrunk with age as often happens.

At the time, he seemed pretty jovial and the locals seemed to like him.

That's so great you got to meet him, Catherine. I saw him speak in 2016; he was wonderful in person.

Yppej
    I cannot read the article because I am not a subscriber.

I couldn't either, just saw the Boot bought a foreclosure in historic neighborhood and remembered Bernie's house in North Hero because Jane sold the family cottage in Bridgton Maine to come up with the down payment, as i recall.

Thread Information