Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: medical tests - when to question??

Yppej
    I did not find state comparisons but did find this article comparing countries:

https://www.healthimaging.com/topics...ing-reason-why

I find it hard to believe there are many lawsuits, though we hear about some outrageous ones, to be sure. I know countless people who have been harmed by medical practitioners/insurance companies and not one of them has sued. You'd think that would balance the few who do.

I certainly wouldn’t be having that many dye contrast test in that period of time.

My Dd had a small, fluid filled cyst on her foot that was a problem because she is a runner and it became irritated and painful.

1st doctor said “it’s benign, live with it.”

2nd doctor said “it’s most likely benign. But if you want it surgically removed, I can schedule that after we get an MRI, which will be about $400 after your insurance. (Just the MRI).

3rd doctor said “Let’s do an x-ray.($22.77) Yep, looks like fluid, but I can do a biopsy to make sure it isn’t a problem.” and removed the whole thing in the office under local anesthesia and sent it off to be screened - $100.

As to your original question, pinkytoe, maybe the time to question is now. . .

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I find it hard to believe there are many lawsuits, though we hear about some outrageous ones, to be sure. I know countless people who have been harmed by medical practitioners/insurance companies and not one of them has sued. You'd think that would balance the few who do.
    You only hear about the big outrageous suits. There are lawsuits filed every day. It is stupid ridiculous!

If those folks have really been harmed, they may very well have filed a lawsuit and the provider settled after a pre-lit. Those always require a gag-order.

Malpractice insurance is really high for providers. As a RN, I carry 3 million/5 million. Can't afford to be without if one has any assets.

Yppej
    Isn't $1 million the minimum coverage amount for umbrella insurance? $3 million does not seem outrageous to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Isn't $1 million the minimum coverage amount for umbrella insurance? $3 million does not seem outrageous to me.
    I'm referencing malpractice insurance.

Yes, our personal umbrella policy is 1mil/3mil.

As I read the original post, the arm lump showed up after the prior CT tests.

I am not sure why anyone would expect those prior tests to be diagnostic tools for the new medical condition. If the patient went in for a diagnosis, seems like she is getting a recommendation for diagnosis, this additional ct scan.

Pinkytoe, that doesn’t mean “watch and wait” is a bad approach, likely I would do that after mentioning it to my dr. that’s what I’m doing.

Maybe I am stating the obvious here. I am not too swift with the healthcare world.

The provider I use posts test results online within hours of doing them so I haven't even talked to the doc yet. Just sorting out thoughts about the unknown. The radiologist is the one recommending further testing. Will have to see what doc thinks and go from there.

Thread Information