Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
Tybee, I don’t feel attacked, I feel frustrated. You can’t give a meaningful answer to the question because it doesn’t allow for the possibility that you never beat your wife to begin with. I feel like there are people who can’t (I choose can’t instead if won’t deliberately) allow for the possibility that I am simply not depressed.

I’m off the road, you see ice, but I stopped to shut my door properly and it’s so cold that my engine won’t restart. I don’t need a tow. I need jumper cables.
CL, you are in a place where your emotional state impacts the contentment in your life. You don’t have to call that depression if you don’t want to, and it may not be clinical depression, I have no idea.

But if you truly just want tools to deal with a depressed teens in your life, why come to this place for those tools? That doesn’t make logical sense to me and as many have suggested, there are professional sources all over the Internet, books etc. that give guidance on this topic.

You do come here to talk about your life, as we all do. But so many of your posts lead with your mental health where you tell us you are low energy, you are broken, your deep sadness is ongoing. This is an ongoing pattern in your posts.

It’s only reasonable and logical, since you are into logic, that people here respond to the main idea you’re putting forth—Your mental state is of concern to you.

I think that your mental health would benefit with the right therapeutic guidance in helping you change some of your thinking patterns as well as hands-on tools for you to use in your daily life with teens. Both of those are probably important but because you reject number one and because this website doesn’t give you authoritative tools for number two, not much can be done here.I don’t have jumper cables in my car, so I’ll just have to drive on by and wave at you as I go.