Thread: so many IRS FreeFile options!!

so many IRS FreeFile options!!

It's a snowy day so I decided to work on income taxes. It appears this year there are way more FreeFile options. Ugh!
    How does one know which is best to use? I feel like I'm shopping for insurance with so many options...

I have not been able to free file but we have used Turbotax (Intuit) for at least 15 years. Has saved us a huge amount. For simple returns which the free file all are, any of them would be fine and ask the same questions, require the same input, and produce the same result.

Worked for the IRS for 31 years.

I used freetax.com for my daughter's returns the last 2 years (she's a college student). Free federal, but they want you to pay for state. We can file on-line for our state for free, so that works for her.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Thread Information