Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many storage boxes do you have?

How many storage boxes do you have?

I have not counted mine. I currently have storage boxes in two places, the shed and the basement. I am starting to go through them in preparation to move, but I am still hanging onto things and don't want to get rid of them.
    This makes me wonder, how many people have boxes in storage somewhere, how many do you think you have, and what is in them?

Example: I have a box of cookbooks and a box of down blankets for guest bedrooms but no guest bedrooms yet.

I have no boxes and I have no "elsewhere".

See, I think that is where I want to be. No boxes, use everything I have.

I have none but my husband is another matter.

I have a closet, so I have some books and old diaries and some financial stuff I may not need anymore, in boxes, in the closet.

I keep some extra computer parts as well, but sometimes I actually use those.
    Trees don't grow on money

I am not sure I want to count. Haha.

Actually, I have never purchased Tupperware tubs because I inherited quite a few from my mother. She’s been dead 10 years and its even longer since she used them.

Oh, and I inherited some from the Lily Society when it disbanded.

also I grab empty tubs from the alley when I see them. People toss them occasionally, without lids. I use those non-lidded ones to haul things around for flower shows.

Yes I would like to be in a place where I didn’t have things stored in tubs except for my flower show hobby.

I have several, but they aren't all full of excess stuff. For example, I bought two extra-large ones to store window air conditioners when they are not in use. I have 2 smaller ones for bird seed. I have 2 for seasonal decorations. I have 2 with smaller pieces of luggage. I guess I'm pretty comfortable with what I have currently. I did empty out and get rid of a few in the past couple of years.

Oh, shoot. I have storage boxes. I did have a lot more, and since our downsize we have a lot of empty storage boxes. My boxes hold mostly memorabilia. I had at least 1 storage box for each kid--I've handed them over to them, so those are gone. I have my own boxes--one full of diaries I've kept since 1964, and one with family memorabilia, letters from my mother, the deed to the cottage at Madison, stuff like that that my DH thinks I should purge, but can't bring myself to do it. I did get rid of a big storage box of domestics--curtains I bought and then replaced, but never got rid of "in case" I decided to switch them back. I had a big storage box of T-shirts from way back--grammar school T-shirts, shirts my kids loved so much they wore them incessantly, all kinds of T-shirts. The funny thing is, my DD and her fiancee came down to help us pack and they LOVED the box of T-shirts. They are thrifters--they go "pick" at thrift stores and then they redesign the clothes and resell them, so these t-shirts were a gold mine.

So, my storage boxes are kind of dwindling, but it's hard to get rid of them all. I probably still have about 10.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Yppej
    1 of baby clothes and memorabilia. All my genealogical materials are in binders. I also have two full two drawer filing cabinets of non-genealogical general papers. I guess I am not a storage box person. I do use boxes a la Marie Kondo but for things I use rather than store like my underwear.

I am impressed and kind of bummed by these answers. I am obviously the hoard-y outlier.

Thread Information