Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How many storage boxes do you have?

Catherine, maybe someday one of your grandchildren will get a kick out of your paystubs--or write a dissertation on pay inequality. We found my husband's grandfather's tax return for whenever they started doing them--he owed 12 dollars for the year.

I have 5 boxes of fabric, one with project in progress (to keep my dogs out of it), 2 of sewing/quilting tools and notions= 8. Plus 4 boxes of seasonal decorations, a box of misc housewares, and a box of memorabilia in the shed= 6. Plus 2 boxes of photos, and 1 box of paper archives in my home office space. Grand total: 17. But it is all stuff I have been through in the last year, stuff I use, and want to keep. I use plastic bins to organize my small house

Catherine: I also have every tax return, but no pay slips.

Mschrisgo2: I am the same as far as organizing a small house and using plastic bins as one of my tools.

Two rather large bins of Legos. I'm saving them for my retirement. LOL..
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I can’t believe anyone saves all the tax returns or paystubs. Too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I can’t believe anyone saves all the tax returns or paystubs. Too funny!
    I was thinking the same thing. I keep 5y tax returns in case of audit. Paystubs have been electronic for years but when I got them, I tossed them as soon as the W2 arrived.

Feed the Shred-It box people.

I keep 7 years of tax returns, along with a year that I did get audited, with all the documentation for that. I keep some divorce papers. I need to get rid of the eighth year on taxes. I keep stuff on my IRA going back to inception, but obviously, just year end kind of thing. I keep stuff on houses we've bought and sold but I am getting sick of having that stuff and did get rid of about half of it this fall. The amount I have feels overwhelming, and I do not want to put it into electronic storage only. When I did have the audit, it was great to have the paper; I was comfortable with that.

Where do you put all those tax returns, and how many boxes do they take. I need to go count mine.

I have kept the divorce papers which I have needed a few times. I threw away the paperwork for houses we have owned.

But don't you keep the records of the work you do etc. in case you have to sell it, or did that tax law change now and we don't have to do that anymore? Something changed.

Once the house is sold I keep for a few years and then dispose of them.

Thread Information