Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mardi Gras, Fat Tuesday 2/25/2020

I'm old. I'd be all about the food.

I used to go to St.Patrick revelries, but those were so crowded--shoulder to shoulder--that it took forever to get served, so we never got too tipsy. All great fun, though.

Perfect venues to spread CoVid 19 ... ugh

Headphones are on my head, and wwoz is streaming. The musicians are howling on stage, while playing "Just get on up y'all!".

I wish all sweetness on mardi gras.

I throw a Mardi Gras party at my office every year. We decorate, all wear purple, green and gold, the day starts with a "second line parade" thru the office where we hand out beads and "faux begneits" (donut holes sprinkled with powdered sugar), then move on to virgin Bloody Marys and Mimosas. For lunch, it is potluck, but we always have gumbo, cornbread and King Cake. And my boombox is playing hot New Orleans jazz all day. My office (and I) love it. It is a day to be happy; to take an ordinary day and be exuberant about life and celebration. No booze needed!

Quote Originally Posted by befree View Post
    I throw a Mardi Gras party at my office every year. We decorate, all wear purple, green and gold, the day starts with a "second line parade" thru the office where we hand out beads and "faux begneits" (donut holes sprinkled with powdered sugar), then move on to virgin Bloody Marys and Mimosas. For lunch, it is potluck, but we always have gumbo, cornbread and King Cake. And my boombox is playing hot New Orleans jazz all day. My office (and I) love it. It is a day to be happy; to take an ordinary day and be exuberant about life and celebration. No booze needed!
    great ideas there!

Thread Information