Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to be happy

I love oldhat's 3 minute video, and it is absolutely true. As (I think) Abraham Lincoln once said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." And, as my friend's mother used to say, "Happiness is a choice, not an emotion." Today, I am supremely happy and supremely grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by befree View Post
    I love oldhat's 3 minute video, and it is absolutely true. As (I think) Abraham Lincoln once said, "Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." And, as my friend's mother used to say, "Happiness is a choice, not an emotion." Today, I am supremely happy and supremely grateful.
    That seems true to a point. Genetics are thought to play a part as to what your personal happiness parameters will be. Of course, there's always epigenetics...

In my experience, happiness is without cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Xmac View Post
    In my experience, happiness is without cause.
    Hi, Xmac, haven't seen your posts for a while. From my experience, happiness is the cause. If I turn my back to the sun, I will see only shadows, so I turn to the sun and thrive.

There is a story about a little grumpy bear coming out of the cave complaining to the sun about how dark it was in the cave. The sun was puzzled by the little bear was saying and asked the bear to show him the darkness. The little bear led the way into the cave, saying "See how dark it is" The sun looked in and saw...?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information