Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Microwaves

I don't have much idea about various types of microwaves. I'm planning to buy one for roasting chicken. Can anybody tell me- should I go for microwave or OTG? What's major difference? So far, I've filtered Toshiba EC042A5C-BS Microwave Oven after checking this. Do recommend a good product too...

Welcome, and interesting first post.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Welcome, and interesting first post.
    Agreed.

Baseballs and oranges here. An OTG is primarily a hot-air oven and the one I would trust to roast a chicken. But is that your real question, mercythecook?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Agreed.

Baseballs and oranges here. An OTG is primarily a hot-air oven and the one I would trust to roast a chicken. But is that your real question, mercythecook?
    I actually confused between an OTG and Microwave. Which one should I prefer to Roast and Bake?

Quote Originally Posted by mercythecook View Post
    I actually confused between an OTG and Microwave. Which one should I prefer to Roast and Bake?
    I would recommend instead the Anova Precision Oven, which is a reasonably-affordable steam/combo oven, and lets you do pretty amazing things.

I haven't used my high end wall oven in several years, I rely upon the Anova steam oven, and a nice Breville "Smart Oven Air". I use my microwave to reheat things still now-and-then, but the steam oven does a better job reheating than the microwave, and is pretty fast at it.

Thread Information