Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Microwaves

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    I did, too. Three clocks in the kitchen and none of them match. Ever. Simple living dictated switching off two of them.
    I find it fascinating that the stove and microwave clocks do such a bad job of keeping time. The 20 year old battery powered analog clock hanging on the wall in my den does far better. The stove clock runs fast. The microwave slow. I take the average of the two and assume I’m pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I find it fascinating that the stove and microwave clocks do such a bad job of keeping time. The 20 year old battery powered analog clock hanging on the wall in my den does far better. The stove clock runs fast. The microwave slow. I take the average of the two and assume I’m pretty close.
    We have no analog clocks. The clicking of the hand by the second drove me nuts And I can't wear watches. They die in less than 3 weeks. Made Nursing school back in the 80s rough since wearing one for taking a pulse, was a school requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I find it fascinating that the stove and microwave clocks do such a bad job of keeping time. The 20 year old battery powered analog clock hanging on the wall in my den does far better.
    Since the two clocks powered by wall electricity are off, we go by the battery-powered clock on the wall (at least in half of the house since it's visible from all of those rooms). Curiously, that one seems to keep excellent time until, one day, the hands just stop. Then it's time to replace the battery and things are fine once again. The other battery-powered clocks in the house all slow down over time; not this one.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

My 20 year old battery clock has, on two or three occasions over the past couple of years, gotten about 5 mutes behind. I’ve reset it and then it’s perfect again for many months. At some point I assume this will become a more frequent occurrence necessitating it’s replacement. Things just aren’t built to last anymore... 😜

G, I had a friend that watches would die on within a short time. I wonder what causes it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    G, I had a friend that watches would die on within a short time. I wonder what causes it?
    6 years ago I felt a tightness in my chest while working in the yard that went away after a few minutes. My wife insisted I needed to see the doctor right away so I relented and made an appointment for the next day.
    They hooked me up to an ECG in the office and within a few minutes doc read the results and said I may be having a heart attack and should be admitted to the hospital immediately. It turned out that I had a blockage in my left anterior descending artery which was corrected with a stent after an overnight in the hospital.

When I called my wife and told her what was happening she responded immediately and once she arrived I noticed that my watch had stopped at the same time I was being diagnosed. She took that as a bad sign and took the watch with her when she went home that night and returned it the next morning after staking out the watch battery shop in the local mall.

I think it was the ECG, she still believes it was a sign I needed to lead a healthier life. Maybe we were both right.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

So glad you are okay Alan.

Yppej
    Both my father and I cannot wear watches with metal bands. They stop working. Leather bands are fine. Nowadays my cell phone is my watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I did some research back then. It happens to a lot of people. It was deduced that some of us have a different electrical impulse pathway that causes it.

Some of my watches had battery, some did not. Leather band, metal band. No matter. I couldn't keep a watch alive. I have a gorgeous watch hubby gave me one year for my birthday-no battery. He was thinking it wouldn't die. Poof! Ruined. It never did run again even after years at rest.

Thanks for explaining G.

Thread Information