Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Confused and in love at 65

Tammy - I think that is what I really wanted to hear. I wanted someone to validate what I had been thinking. i thought I was thinking wrong so didn't bring it up. You just gave me the kick in the butt I needed. No more contacting him. Its all on him now. This feels very freeing.

Thank you very much Tammy. Grasshopper is learning.....slow....but learning.

You might find bell hooks' book "All About Love: New Visions" to be quite helpful in your situation.

I learned a lot from reading this book bs k in the day when I was a more religious person - the concepts stayed with me:

https://books.google.com/books/about...d=-YVDDgAAQBAJ

I’ll give Bae’s a read too. It sounds good.

Is it possible that one can be in love with the idea of being in love?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

razz - I think so. I know I had such a difficult marriage without much romance and after 45 years someone said they wanted me and loved me I was so shocked and enamored I didn't even stop to think. It felt like I was a different person living in a fantasy world. Yep, I was more than likely in love with love. I felt so empty for so long and all of a sudden I felt special. Fortunately it was someone I was already friends with and I knew he was a good man that I trusted.

Tammy - That looks like it would be a really good book. I for sure need to learn more about boundaries. I have always been a doormat and too agreeable to everything. Thank you for the recommendation.

Bae - I for sure will be checking this one out. It sounds pretty intriguing. Thank you so much for letting me know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by corkym View Post
    Bae - I for sure will be checking this one out. It sounds pretty intriguing. Thank you so much for letting me know about it.
    After a recent divorce after a 40-year relationship, this book was very helpful in refinding myself.

bae - Wow, 40 years. I am sure that is one of the most painful things in your life you had to go through. Thank you so much for letting me know about the book. I for sure will be looking into it.

Thread Information