Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Frugals

Yppej
    DS got some minimal flow to the toilet. It fills just slowly.

One of two bathroom lights broke off. I went one place to price out replacements. At over $100 each that will wait.

Also waiting on a haircut, trimming off small pieces myself of the dyed parts. I am about halfway to growing it out to my natural gray.

Yppej, good on the toilet. But the bucket works too - I do that with saved water from when it's really cold and I have to drip the kitchen faucet to keep the lines from freezing. At our old house (which was newer than this house, lol...) we flushed with a bucket of creek water whenever the well pump acted up. Re: lights - do you have a Habitat ReStore near you? Ours is a great source for very cheap - ah frugal- lights, among much other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    DS got some minimal flow to the toilet. It fills just slowly.

One of two bathroom lights broke off. I went one place to price out replacements. At over $100 each that will wait.

Also waiting on a haircut, trimming off small pieces myself of the dyed parts. I am about halfway to growing it out to my natural gray.
    Not sure what kind of light you want but here are a ton of choices from $21-$75.
    https://www.wayfair.com/filters/ligh...7131~0~75.html

Yppej
    Thanks Gardnr. I also have more local places I was going to check but I got the flu. We also have a ReStore EM. Thanks for the suggestion, though I looked and their items are used and I think with electrical I would want to go new for safety reasons.

IKEA for lights, too, if you're near one or could order over the Internet.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I did a tally since DH broke his leg in Oct. We have replaced the basement sump pump, a car, the heating system, and our water heater. Definitely NOT frugal!

The new heating system costs more to run than heating with wood, but less than our propane furnace so far. The new water heater cost us less by about 25% to get than the last one did, 15 years ago — we got a great deal! We sold the old car, not for much, but we did sell it.

But I am more than ready to stop replacing things already!

DH made soup from turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving that were in the freezer. It fed us dinner last night and looks like we will get 3 more meals from it.
    We went to Harbor Freight yesterday with a pile of those little coupons and got some really good deals on items we will use in carpentry class and some just handy to have around the house stuff.
    Wow, Newgig, I hope you are done replacing stuff for awhile too! It's no fun to have so many things so close together, especially with medical bills added to the equation.

Yppej
    I put my profit sharing check directly into savings.

I put my profit sharing check directly into savings.
    Kudos to you on your self-discipline!

My dd just cut my hair into a cute little bob. I love it. Paid her for her time, but still less than the hairdresser. Win-win for us both.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information