Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Purge

March Purge

I had almost an entire drawer devoted to tapers and related accessories. I really don't burn tapers anymore (dangerous with crazy cats leaping about) so I gifted them all, as well as a pair of brass candlesticks. I had a bit of a pang because the candlesticks were a wedding present, and some of the tapers are very nice beeswax. I find it easier to let go of certain things by giving them directly to a friend who wants them (candles) or through our local FB giving group (candlesticks). It feels more real that I'm putting them in the hands of someone who will get enjoyment from them (as opposed to having them languish in a drawer) than when I donate them to a thrift store, although it does involve a bit more effort. In any event, it feels good to send them on their way.

I have trillium lead crystal candlesticks that are dust collectors but I have them on my buffet. I would never use the candles in them. I should ask my kids if either of them could use them. They have so many dust collectors of their own though.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

A friend's daughter is opening an online bead shop. I've been culling the bookcase full of beads, a bit at a time and sending things along. Third box is ready to go and I missed a few things, so I'll likely do the 4th pretty quickly!

i filled a 2nd box and sent the two along.3/6.
    Last edited by NewGig; 3-7-20 at 10:27pm. Reason: New data

March 2nd I am here to move on 3 items a day again this month
    --But, sadly nothing today, I have been sorting some things but,
    they are still in the house...lol

Okay, I am in for 3 items a day since I got too ambitious and then kind of stopped doing it, it got overwhelming.
    Will report back tomorrow.

Yesterday got rid of three items of old software for computer I no longer own.

Took 2 shaker cups out of the cupboard and put in the donate pile this morning. Haven't used them for several years and they keep falling out. One less mico-aggression. I'm going through my closets again. Goal is to have everything in one closet, which, really, is more than enough. Selling the nicer items on Poshmark and donating the rest. If stuff doesn't sell by end of September, it gets donated. My husband is off work next week for spring break, so if the weather is nice, I'll take Friday off and we're cleaning out the garage. Hoping to sell a bunch of camping equipment.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

I've been quilting up a storm so I'm purging batting and fabric I'm quilting my 4th lap size since yesterday! All will go to my Charity Group for local shelters and hospitals.

This month, I want to go through several boxes of jewelry as I don't wear it anymore. Mostly costume stuff but probably some gold and silver. Really don't know what to do with it though. Goodwill?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    This month, I want to go through several boxes of jewelry as I don't wear it anymore. Mostly costume stuff but probably some gold and silver. Really don't know what to do with it though. Goodwill?
    A local jeweller will weigh and apply unwanted gold to a purchase of a service or item. Not sure about silver though
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information