Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: March Purge

Contacted my MIL's senior living complex and asked if the activities director could use our Wii. They were thrilled. They use it for events and for fitness. Win win.

Our local jewelers pay cash for gold and silver. I take my costume jewelry to a thrift store.

In preparation for me moving in, my boyfriend and his parents went through his childhood closet - his items, their items, the uncle's items, misc junk, etc. We kept a few of his childhood toys, his baseball cards, and a handful other items but the closet now has the entire floor clear. It was his purging rather than mine, but I'm super proud of him as we all worked on the other two closets a couple weeks ago and tackling the entire garage is next... I have a stack of nice shirts and a few dresses posted for sale online and if they don't sell by the end of March, I'm giving them away on our local FB 'Buy Nothing' group.

Wildflower: Is it his family home that you are hoping to buy?

Got rid of some dog harnesses found in car clean out; one dog chews the other's harness. Also an old pair of clippers I had replaced.
    Got rid of a table my dad gave me years ago, that he stripped and I was supposed to refinish. It was nice wood but not our style and top warped in shed so felt guilty but got rid of it.
    Recycling lap top adapter for laptop no longer have.
    Sending my son a piece of memorobilia he left behind in 2006.

Dropped off 53 items at Goodwill today. Mostly pots and pans that were in the storage unit. Stuff husband put in the storage unit before we started dating in 2007. Also included clothing that no longer fit and a bunch of unused patterns that no one on the Buy Nothing group wanted. Feels good to get the stuff out of the condo.

We have overnight guests this weekend, so the next couple of days is getting the condo ready for them.

Cleaned out drawer in bathroom, found a 4oz bottle of hand sanitizer.
    Cleaned out dog meds. Determined that we have enough flea/tick and Heartworm preventive to take all 3 dogs thru the summer. Found a bottle of doggy omegas.
    cleaned out under the bathroom sink and found a new bottle of shampoo for me, and a full bottle of Skin So Soft bug guard, good for me and to use on my one dog that the mosquitoes like.
    Talk about shopping your own cupboards, now I need to adjust an place my much abbreviated Amazon order!

I took a vacation day Friday and DH and DD and I cleaned out the garage. We sold the camping equipment this weekend, along with DH's bows and arrows and a couple other items. Have stuff stacked up to take to the county's hazardous waste drop off the first Saturday in April (old paint cans, etc.). Have some hunting clothing that I'd like to sell. If it doesn't, I'll donate it somewhere. Most everything is up off the floor and on shelves. Floor is swept. So much nicer to pull the cars into now.
    "Do not accumulate for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and thieves break in and steal. But accumulate for yourselves treasure in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, your heart is also." Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by beckyliz View Post
    I took a vacation day Friday and DH and DD and I cleaned out the garage. We sold the camping equipment this weekend, along with DH's bows and arrows and a couple other items. Have stuff stacked up to take to the county's hazardous waste drop off the first Saturday in April (old paint cans, etc.). Have some hunting clothing that I'd like to sell. If it doesn't, I'll donate it somewhere. Most everything is up off the floor and on shelves. Floor is swept. So much nicer to pull the cars into now.
    Pulling CARS into a garage - isn't that un-American? Every time we go by open garages on our walks, we observe that they are full of stuff without even enough space to spare for a motorcycle!

Have a donation box out on the porch of about 50 items for pickup. Yeah! Have another pickup scheduled next month, so that gives me time to do another round of decluttering.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information