Thread: Please rank in order from most to least stable

Please rank in order from most to least stable

Computer-Support
    Medical-Coding
    Veterinary-Assistant
    Barista at Coffee-Bean

Vet Asst (always in need and requires hands on. Plus you could train to be a vet tech and even get certified)
    Barista (depends on how good the company you work for is and how stable their jobs are)
    Computer support with limitations (you need to be good at what you do and it depends on the company you might be working for)
    Medical Coding (can be outsourced?)

Stability is a questionable value in today's labor market. Companies come and go.

OP, I hope you can get some IRL help for your problems. There are resources available, as many have pointed out. Have courage, and get some help so that you can live a good life. Good luck!

Seriously? Again? Reread all the threads you have posted. We've all said it all before.

Trolling, trolling, across sights a posting, trolling, trolling, trolling, rawhide.

Come on now.

TMS, too funny)

Computer-Support
    Medical-Coding
    Veterinary-Assistant
    Barista at Coffee-Bean
    Rainbow-Flame Mystic.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

I am late to the party ( as usual) As someone who is very invested in the horse industry, a vet assistant makes a rung of two higher than someone working at Mc Donalds. A vet tech makes more, but requires schooling . Its a job the requires a lot of people skills and being able to work with all types of personalities. The good the bad and the ugly. Including Azzhole DVMs. I have working in the dental field for 35+ years and I can tell you stories of both patients and Drs who are beyond reasonable. But on the other hand, the good that you can bring to someone and their pets ( and in my case people's health ) far out weight the bad if you get into the right office for your personality

This post isnt that old...

Dude, you're doing it wrong. I do this (low paying job, live cheap, save up, move, new job) constantly. Sure its risky. So is making 6 figures and owing like you make 6 figures. Both can end up with your banking accounts in the red and wondering where you are going to sleep.

First, you need money. Apply for everything. If you are living in your car, apply for jobs that work with. Scrap yard manual labor, construction labor, the low end stuff. Explain your situation. Dont beg, but dont be proud either. Get all the jobs you can, until you start piling up checks. Live cheap, I mean real cheap.

Second, forget your job wishes. This drives me nuts. You want to be a vet tech? Get ready to work at least a part time job you hate while you go to school. It can be done. But you cant just choose your career path right off the jump, not without a support network that can support a whole other life. Imagine if you had to completely pay for another you, right now. Right. So you gotta do this on your own.

Apply everywhere. Accept anything. Have a roof over your head and nutritious food. Read. Study your desired career path. Talk to people in that job. Save up enough for 3 months rent. Apply for your dream job and if you get it, move to whatever crappy dump you can afford thats close, and your on your way.

Ive done this lots of times. Its fun. You'll meet amazing and terrible people. You'll make mistakes and hit bottom. You'll succeed and ride the wave. Maybe you'll make it and settle in and be successful in the long term. Thats never been my thing, but to each their own.

Good luck.

Thread Information