Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you travel right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Here is the latest, updated yesterday, information from the CDC. I was not saying that YOU promoted Fox as a single source. My comment was a generalization as I sadly know a whole lot of people look at nothing else.
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...lications.html
    Thanks for posting this--here is what it says today:

"Avoid cruise travel and non-essential air travel."

Thank you.

Via plane? Nope but I don’t fly hardly anyway. Last time was 2015.

Via car? Heck, yes. I’m all over the Midwest for diving.

So my best friend comes every week for dinner and spends the night. She is retired but does a lot of interpreting. She was supposed to come tomorrow but wanted to put it off until Friday because another interpreter she worked with is in the hospital with flu but not sure if she has the virus. I told her we aren’t getting together for weeks. Thankfully she hasn’t seen me since she has been around this person.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Mexico only has 7 cases - how ironic that I as an American represent more danger to them virus-wise than vice-versa.
    Why do you think you are a danger to them? Do you have any symptoms? (You are an individual, statistics concern populations...)

I wouldn't travel anyways for something that wasn't critical.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Am at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport. It's like a borderline ghost town here. Passenger volume at an unscientific quick glance looks to be 1/4 to 1/3 of normal - and this is supposed to be high season here. No wonder my hours were cut!!! After this no travel for me until there's a better handle on this situation. Rob

And you are only looking at published test results. If you dont test, you dont report. Heck, even if you test and have no good way to gather data like the US, then the data is compromised and cannot be relied upon.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ex...h7kKtUI7mq1rCM

We are getting constant complaints from doctors that they have requested test kits or testing and been refused.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Why do you think you are a danger to them? Do you have any symptoms? (You are an individual, statistics concern populations...)

I wouldn't travel anyways for something that wasn't critical.
    I am an avid traveler and am now nervous. We are NOW in the Rio Grande Valley of TX and will start driving home Saturday. I would not travel even by car if I had a choice. Just picked up tea tree oil and lavender essential oils to ward off hotel germs and bedbugs. Plan on driving longer days just to get home ASAP. This is classified as a pandemic. Can’t understand those that would risk their health. Vacations can be postponed for when there is less risk.

I did just buy a ticket for a concert in Seattle in October though.

I took the no fly pledge But I'm not doing other travel either really.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Yes, if I didn't already have time off planned later in the year. Gas is cheap and attractions will not be crowded.

Thread Information