Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Would you travel right now?

I was talking to someone today who is considering a Disney World trip since airfares are so cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    That's a good, comprehensive directive.
    But then there's Mike Pence saying he's going to keep shaking hands because "that's what we do."

How irresponsible is this?
    Vice President Pence on Tuesday said the Trump campaign will determine on a day-to-day basis whether to continue holding campaign rallies and said he and President Trump would continue shaking hands even as public health officials warn of the risks of both amid the coronavirus outbreak. If he's expecting divine intercession here, I hope it works. Maybe he's just toeing the company line though, because he was more circumspect earlier: "Pence opted to greet Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) with an elbow bump upon arriving there last week to discuss the state's coronavirus response." (The Hill)
    Stupid is as stupid does. The White House is completely disregarding the CDC as they apparently have more knowledge and expertise in health matters

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    I am an avid traveler and am now nervous. We are NOW in the Rio Grande Valley of TX and will start driving home Saturday. I would not travel even by car if I had a choice. Just picked up tea tree oil and lavender essential oils to ward off hotel germs and bedbugs. Plan on driving longer days just to get home ASAP. This is classified as a pandemic. Can’t understand those that would risk their health. Vacations can be postponed for when there is less risk.
    The over 55 park I am staying at just put a note on doors and closed the clubhouse stating they are following CDC directions and limiting social interactions due to the corona virus. Glad I am going home in a few days.

We cancelled our neighborhood’s annual house tour. This has never happened in 50 years. The summer house tour is the chief fund raising mechanism for our neighborhood. We were having the usual trouble of recruiting houses to be on the tour and then coronavirus struck. What, you mean you don’t want 1500 strangers coughing and sneezing in your home? Haha.

I'm not especially worried about catching the virus, I'd be more concerned about getting stuck somewhere and then having a lockdown surprise me. Nothing like extending your "vacation" for weeks in a place you don't call home.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    I was talking to someone today who is considering a Disney World trip since airfares are so cheap.
    Now he/she isnt. Disney is closing.

Disneyland is closing; Disney World still open.
    But realistically, they will and should close too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Disneyland is closing; Disney World still open.
    But realistically, they will and should close too.
    And now at 8 pm they announced closing Disney World, too.

I cannot even imagine the cost of these closings and the impact on the workers. So sad.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I cannot even imagine the cost of these closings and the impact on the workers. So sad.
    You are right; it's the largest employer in Florida.

Thread Information