Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Stars aligning: Pandemic + General Election

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Republicans have for decades now run on a platform of ‘government can’t do anything right.’ It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that when they are in power they do their best to prove themselves accurate. If they were more honest they would run on a platform of ‘if you elect me I will be incompetent, or at least pretend to be.’
    That and "We will cut federal taxes to the bone so we can't afford any services," (just more pork for the rich).

I'm just wondering ... I think the pandemic will be under control by the next election. Most of the people I know who were Trump 'supporters' were more, "don't particularly like him, but like what he did for the economy / the regular folks". If the "regular folks" get a royal shellacking from this bloodbath, are they likely to go on feeling that way? (again I totally agree, the candidates the left is putting up are an interesting bag of ... well, something. Wild Hare, or Oatmeal with a side of potty sauce. Awesome. Still, it's hard to imagine people seeing a 30% loss, even on paper, as all that pro-Trump.)

Haven’t you heard, the election will be cancelled till further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by dmc View Post
    Haven’t you heard, the election will be cancelled till further notice.
    Well that would explain the foot dragging ...

Quote Originally Posted by kib View Post
    Well that would explain the foot dragging ...
    listen to dmc, he has the scoop. He is a Republican Operative doncha know.

And I’ve got a Russian connection. My good friend married a Russian gal 10 years or so ago. I’ve had many meals at his house. The fix is in.

Another 10% loss in the DOW today should further undermine the economy as a Trump talking point. At least you would think so given the number of boomers in my age bracket who supported him and have now seen significant declines in their retirement accounts as their downshifting draws near. But its hard to see the allegiance shift to Smilin' Joe. The worst part might be that basketball could get replaced with political commercials. Just shoot me know.
    "Back when I was a young boy all my aunts and uncles would poke me in the ribs at weddings saying your next! Your next! They stopped doing all that crap when I started doing it to them... at funerals!"

Canadian prime minister’s wife just tested positive for the virus.

If there is a second wave of the virus in the fall, as some anticipate there may be, we could see the election postponed

Quote Originally Posted by Simone View Post
    If there is a second wave of the virus in the fall, as some anticipate there may be, we could see the election postponed
    Oh dear God, please no!

Thread Information