Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Stars aligning: Pandemic + General Election

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I just hope he picks someone who is mentally with it and will not swear at voters. Just saying.
    Much like Trump, Biden seems to slip into aggressive bluster and vulgarity, apparently believing that makes him look tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I think that was just to irritate liberals. I would say 'Winning!', but that's too easy.
    Because extra dead people is winning? So much winning it just may kill me.

But you're right. It's great that he's treating a global pandemic as an excuse to trigger libtards. The only good thing about all this is that he seems to buy his own BS. If he ends up dying from covid19 the history books will be mercilous.

It was probably inevitable that Trump’s enemies would see this disease as an opportunity to spin it into his Katrina.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    It was probably inevitable that Trump’s enemies would see this disease as an opportunity to spin it into his Katrina.
    How would the discriminating person know if it is or isn’t? Everything I have seen in the media says his response has been lame. His routine denial of the severity in evidence.

It was also inevitable that republicans would pretend like the obvious evidence of this administration’s incompetence and negligence in the handling of this was either nonexistent or just minimal.

The evidence, like the news that just came out about the infectious disease researcher in Seattle that was repeatedly told to stop testing for coronavirus by the federal government, will continue to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    How would the discriminating person know if it is or isn’t? Everything I have seen in the media says his response has been lame. His routine denial of the severity in evidence.
    Boy this is a lame response over a week ago:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/trum...g-package.html

“I haven’t heard...on the news” is not a substitute for actual news. I find this idea, spread throughout this forum, to only reflect preconceived ideas. What we don’t hear on the news tends to confirm our bias.

I happened to hear the news of billions of gubmnt $$$ released to coronavirus on NPR, maybe Science Friday? Don’t remember, but it was definitely NPR that brought me the news of gubmnt largesse. Even the NPR reporter seemed happy and unable to spin this into an anti Trump rant. But probably I just didn’t give her enough time.

The coronavirus is serious health wise and is a serious threat to our economy. It does no one any good to panic. I think that is the message of our leaders. That doesn’t mean I will be going about my daily life as usual, not at all. We Americans are responsible for curtailing the spread by acting responsibly.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Boy this is a lame response over a week ago:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/trum...g-package.html

“I haven’t heard...on the news” is not a substitute for actual news. I find this idea, spread throughout this forum, to only reflect preconceived ideas. What we don’t hear on the news tends to confirm our bias.

I happened to hear the news of billions of gubmnt $$$ released to coronavirus on NPR, maybe Science Friday? Don’t remember, but it was definitely NPR that brought me the news of gubmnt largesse. Even the NPR reporter seemed happy and unable to spin this into an anti Trump rant. But probably I just didn’t give her enough time.

The coronavirus is serious health wise and is a serious threat to our economy. It does no one any good to panic. I think that is the message of our leaders. That doesn’t mean I will be going about my daily life as usual, not at all. We Americans are responsible for curtailing the spread by acting responsibly.

"The size of the bill dwarfs the $2.5 billion in funding the Trump administration had originally proposed."

Speaking of NPR, I'd defer to this enlightening article.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...e-u-s-does-not

He disbanded a pandemic response team and gutted the CDC, refused WHO tests, declared COVID-19 a Democratic hoax, and continues to drag his feet on testing. He can belatedly throw money at the problem, but that doesn't obviate his administration's deficiencies.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    He disbanded a pandemic response team and gutted the CDC, refused WHO tests, declared COVID-19 a Democratic hoax, and continues to drag his feet on testing. He can belatedly throw money at the problem, but that doesn't obviate his administrations deficiencies.
    There are deficiencies, absolutely. But making Trump the demon seems, well, typical.

Pretending he's competent doesn't help anyone. Now Jared is "doing research" on the matter. Good grief.

Thread Information