Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello again from London UK.

Hello again from London UK.

Hello everyone, I am a 54 year old woman living in London with my partner. I am back here after a long hiatus. I didn’t post much back in the day but I hope to overcome my shyness and get to know some of you and share things that I think may be useful or interesting.
    I love art, painting, paper clay sculpture and sewing and I’m enjoying finding ways to do this that don’t break the bank, by recycling and using what I already have.
    I love learning a new skill!
    I hope I have remembered how to post this correctly 😂

Yppej
    Welcome from the other side of the pond. Your profile says northwest England but I thought London was southern England?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Welcome from the other side of the pond. Your profile says northwest England but I thought London was southern England?
    Hi Yppej, yes I moved to London in Southern England just under 2 years ago to be with my partner who is also originally from the NW, we have plans to move back in the near future. We live in an apartment here and I miss having a garden. Property prices are much cheaper in the NW compared to London, so we should be able to get somewhere with a garden or even some land!
    Now to change my location ��

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Just had a look at my profile and had a little chuckle to myself; I have 3 more grandchildren and another one on the way since I last updated it!!!

Welcome, Leelee! I've traveled around northern England (York/Haworth) and it's lovely up there! Don't be shy! I look forward to hearing from you!
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Welcome!!! Look forward to "talking" with you.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Hello, Leelee! My wife and I visited London for the very first time this past summer and enjoyed it immensely (well, except for the 30+ degree C weather you were enduring at that time).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Welcome, Leelee! I've traveled around northern England (York/Haworth) and it's lovely up there! Don't be shy! I look forward to hearing from you!
    Hi Catherine, it is indeed lovely, I’ve never been to Haworth but would love to go there one day. York is a real gem, all those beautiful cobbled streets with independent shops.
    I see your location is Vermont, I visited last year in autumn and stayed in an air bnb log cabin. It was an unforgettable experience which I will treasure for a long time!

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Hello, Leelee! My wife and I visited London for the very first time this past summer and enjoyed it immensely (well, except for the 30+ degree C weather you were enduring at that time).

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Hello Steve, I am glad you and your wife enjoyed our wonderful city and yes 30+ degrees was too much! We were practically melting in our apartment! However it’s not the norm, albeit who knows given global warming and climate change...

I look forward to talking to you too Happystuff!!! Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thread Information