Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus precautions in your home

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Yes, that is the value of the Government taking it off our shoulders (sorry, small gov't folks). It helps people out of awkward social situations, family situations, etc. It creates boundaries, ensures safety across the board, and squelches the efforts of the selfish to make it all about them. It tempers the angst. "Hey, I'd love to come over for a party, but we are prohibited from doing that. Gee, I would if I could."

I hate making decisions.
    I’m glad the Orange One is here for you.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I’m glad the Orange One is here for you.
    I'm impressed that he's sobered up a bit, frankly.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I was actually not talking about government, just the fact that with lockdowns all over the place, you can't travel distances safely anymore, at least I can't.

Although I guess since I'm basing that on CDC recommendations, that is government, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I was actually not talking about government, just the fact that with lockdowns all over the place, you can't travel distances safely anymore, at least I can't.

Although I guess since I'm basing that on CDC recommendations, that is government, right?
    I think the federal government has a role in producing data about this virus. I don’t know how much of a role it should have, probably less than what you all want for it. But states have limited funding and this is a good thing to pool money on, hence the importance of the CDC.

Talked to my son in Vietnam last night and he teaches English there. The schools have been closed for months and he is running out of money. So either he has to come home or be sent 450/month to survive. His dad’s wife won’t let any of the kids live there. So he may need to live with us and no way to quarantine him because the hotels are closed. So sorry we sold the RV. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Talked to my son in Vietnam last night and he teaches English there. The schools have been closed for months and he is running out of money. So either he has to come home or be sent 450/month to survive. His dad’s wife won’t let any of the kids live there. So he may need to live with us and no way to quarantine him because the hotels are closed. So sorry we sold the RV. Ugh!
    Oh that is tough!
    I agree, RV would’ve come in very handy.

I wonder if. Heap Air b N B rooms will become even cheaper? The cheap ones share a room with other people so that’s probably not good. But in the long run $450 a month to hole up In Vietnam is a whole lot cheaper than it would be to hole up here in the US.

His dad would have to be willing to split it with us for it too work. He can afford it. But the other issue if he gets stuck there he has asthma and could be in big trouble. If we all have to live together in my small house we are going to kill each other in no time at all(

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I have been developing a relationship with a wonderful person who lives two islands over for the past 3 months.

Now we are debating the ethics of our usual "spend the weekend with each other" scheme. Not quite sure how to proceed.
    How do you get to the other island? Do you have personal conveyance?

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    If you live with a partner kick them out and make them get their own place, they could have germs. Also don't see them.
    I saw an article written in the UK, predicting an increase in divorces as a result of being stuck at home during a public health lockdown. I believe relationship instability would be a sad and unfortunate outcome.

In Durango CO David McAlvany produces a weekly financial podcast, which I can agree with only in part. I liked something McAlvany said recently: this is an opportunity "to make deposits in the love bank".

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    How do you get to the other island? Do you have personal conveyance?
    Right now, there is ferry service available still. Private boat or airplane are options of course.

Thread Information