Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus precautions in your home

We both are at a high risk due to age and I have HBP and asthma. My husband has diabetes.

Don't have non-essential visitors, and if you do, don't come into close contact with them.

A social visit isn't essential. I know everyone wants to see close family and friends, and that everyone thinks they are "low risk", and won't catch or spread this virus which sheds before symptoms show, but just don't. Don't.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    But aren't you theoreticlaly going out in the world and still getting groceries, etc., and thus would be around other people who go to parties, etc.? Why would your son need to be masked if they are not?

But I guess if you are worried about it, that is a sign you should not do it?
    If you are older or otherwise at risk, it would be wise to either pick up groceries at the store or have them delivered.

If you live with a partner kick them out and make them get their own place, they could have germs. Also don't see them.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    If you live with a partner kick them out and make them get their own place, they could have germs. Also don't see them.
    No, that's not the recommendation....

Quote Originally Posted by lmerullo View Post
    I hear you, catherine. What is the recommendation?

My son would like me to watch his kids over the next 30 days, since the schools are closed. Are they "spreaders"? I'm high risk, and I am also the primary interface for my 95 year old mom....
    There’s no way I’d have the little germ factories known as children in my house day-to-day just nope absolutely not nope.

They spread it pretty much the same as anyone else but they have less idea of why the need for social isolation and not touching, hugging, coughing into the air. I would not expose myself unless you are the only one you are responsible for. Who else can take care of your 95 year old mother if you are diagnosed?

Imerullo’s Situation is one I thought about already. There are still people, plenty of people, who are called into work and and they need childcare. Traditional back ups, like grandmas, are often in the high-risk for virus category.

On the Next-door forum there are some people who are offering to do all kinds of things for neighbors who need it during the coronavirus. Childcare would be one of those important things that makes a big difference to a family. But that’s just not something I’m going to do, and I think with my comment about “germ factories known as children “ you wouldn’t especially want me watching your children anyway.

Grandparents can be in a real bind with grandchildren needing care and them being in a high risk group. Luckily I don’t have any.

We’re watching our 4&6 year old grandkids now. I’m not sure we will survive, and it has nothing to do with the virus.

Thread Information