Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Coronavirus precautions in your home

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    You may be absolutely right, but Deaconess Hospital in Evansville, Indiana was the source, and they requested people make masks--if you go to the link, you will see why I posted it.
    Providence group out of Renton, WA also. https://www.providence.org/lp/100m-masks

I think a mask is useful for the wearer to remind us to not touch our face eyes and etc. while we are out and about, and the moment we get home wash our hands. It is an annoying physical object on our face serving as reminder, so for this purpose any time of face covering would be fine whether permeable or not.

From the little reading I've done on the subject, I believe face masks with an effective filter layer can be made that can compete with commercial ones, which--to my eye--are often loose around the edges. Some body adhesive could remedy that.

Our agencies and yes even our hospitals are begging for masks. The production lines have started all around town. Think churches who still hold food pantries, domestic violence shelters, police stations, local veterans shelters, children shelters, sheltered housing..... All of these are places mentioned needing masks.

Thread Information