It is funny to me that years ago we were asked to create this “prepper “forum and it has been little used. And now that we are two months into a national emergency, the coronavirus, it still hasn’t been used for virus talk until today.

Anyway...

Because I am retired, my social obligations are drying up, and I have time — I think about how to manage the coronavirus on products I bring it to my house.

like today for instance. I need another batch of eggs. I’ll go into the store tomorrow morning and get them. But when I bring them in how much cleaning can I do on actual eggs without breaking them? Very little. But then I thought well at least I could clean the box they come in. But why don’t keep the existing egg package I have, which is Styrofoam, and was purchased before the coronavirus hit our region, and use it to store the current batch of eggs. I can move each one of them into the previous container, throwing the new one away, then wash my hands.

I already have a kind of a two-step process bringing groceries put them on the counter. Wash my hands thoroughly. Then start unpacking groceries takeoff plastic coverings of vegetables, put them in the refrigerator. Then wash my hands.