Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Crisis burnout

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    I love that idea.

I just FaceTimed with my 6 yr old grandson for 20 minutes. He played Minecraft and I watched and he acted like I was there beside him as usual. This was as wonderful for me as it was for him.
    Facetime is great for the present situation.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Tonight I'm having Chardonnay instead of Cabernet to keep from getting into a rut.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tonight I'm having Chardonnay instead of Cabernet to keep from getting into a rut.
    Variety is the spice of life!

You inspire us all!

Facetime is great for the present situation
    Tried to buy a camera today so we can do FaceTime from our Mac. Everyone is sold out though there are many on Ebay for 2-3x normal price. Ugh!! Wondering now what other items will be hard to find going forward...

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Tried to buy a camera today so we can do FaceTime from our Mac. Everyone is sold out though there are many on Ebay for 2-3x normal price. Ugh!! Wondering now what other items will be hard to find going forward...
    I do Facetime from my Macbook Air and my iPhone using an app. Why do you need a camera to do this?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

I don't have an iPhone. Android.

I have been diagnosed with rosacea. It’s a working diagnosis, anyway, for a rash I have on my chest.So right now I have to pay close attention to my red wine consumption see if it’s a trigger for this chest rash. I’m pretty sure mine was triggered by sun exposure, but who knows.

.It is not a happy time in the iris Lily household.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I don't have an iPhone. Android.
    Android's version of Face Time is called Duo, although unlike Face Time, it can be installed on both Android and Apple phones.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    On tv the other day they were talking about virtual happy hours.
    I had a virtual lunch earlier this week with some former co-workers; we normally meet twice a month in person but we were just geeky enough to want to try this. It worked decently well (Microsoft Teams, if anyone cares). We'll do it again in two weeks.

Tomorrow morning I have a virtual breakfast with a bunch of guys who get together approximately monthly, for breakfast or happy hour or a weekend at the cabin. I'm curious to see how well this works because it's usually 7-8 guys and the side conversations are as interesting as the main ones. It is a little disappointing in that I will not be at a restaurant which will serve me breakfast. I suppose I could find a place that delivers or does pickup. But maybe we'll just learn what works this time. Better than not having breakfast with them at all!
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Thread Information