Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

I have an underlying condition and will be working from home for the foreseeable future - for at least 3 months, I would guess.

My 9-year-old daughter's school has been cancelled for the rest of the year.

I REALLY need structure and accountability, so I'm going to post a daily to-do list here then come back here at the end of the day to report on how I did.

Anybody else want to join in?

For today:

1. make bed, draw curtains, swish and swipe bathroom

2. meditate, pray, spiritual reading

3. 5 hours of grading (can include time watching videos of how to grade online)

4. 30 min walk

5. One hour decluttering/tidying up the house

Hi EJ! My circumstances are quite different as a retiree, but I think I could probably benefit from a regular check-in. I spent most of this week hanging out at home (other than some errands yesterday), and I'm dismayed at how little I have accomplished.
    I don't have any trouble accomplishing certain daily routine tasks like bed-making, cleaning litter boxes and doing dishes, but I'm spending way too much time online, especially since this Corona Virus has taken off. Since I'm not running the CDC or anything, there is no need for me to be right on top of events every minute of every day. Maybe some accountability will help get me into a more productive mode!

I have always been a list maker but being retired has seriously limited the things I "have" to do. One thing that is bothering me is that I never made the "death" book we talked about some time ago with info for heirs and survivors. I really should take care of that - no excuses now. A daily walk is mandatory...

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Since I'm not running the CDC or anything, there is no need for me to be right on top of events every minute of every day. Maybe some accountability will help get me into a more productive mode!
    Hi Rosarugosa,

Yes, part of this is that if I have a plan for the day, I might be less likely to spend hours online which is definitely not good for me right now.

Feel free to set some baby step goals to give yourself a little structure.

Elizabeth

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    I have always been a list maker but being retired has seriously limited the things I "have" to do. One thing that is bothering me is that I never made the "death" book we talked about some time ago with info for heirs and survivors. I really should take care of that - no excuses now. A daily walk is mandatory...
    Hi Pinktoe - my daughter and I have been walking together every day, and it has made a huge difference in my mental state!

So, I didn't walk on water or anything, but I did okay:

1. make bed, draw curtains, swish and swipe bathroom DONE - only because I'd posted it here!

2. meditate, pray, spiritual reading DONE

3. 5 hours of grading (can include time watching videos of how to grade online) I did closer to 3 hours.

4. 30 min walk NOT DONE

5. One hour decluttering/tidying up the house NOT DONE

Other stuff I did:

1. Attended two online meetings about teaching online.

2. Met over the phone with a bank officer about getting a HELOC

3. Sent out an email to some friends about starting a book group

I wish I could figure out how to cross off the items I accomplished here, but oh well.

I'm definitely going to do this again tomorrow. It was a good nudge.

In addition to my usual daily tasks, today I will also:
    Grocery shop (if it's a madhouse like last Fri, we will postpone) and deliver groceries to Mom, visit with her for a bit
    Strip bed, wash linens, etc.
    Complete most (if not all) of my weekly housecleaning

Today I plan to

• copyedit a course I am revising for one hour only
    • deep clean my bedroom
    • do a load of laundry
    • cook a turkey so we can make dogfood and eat off it all week

I am finally quilting all my projects. Might have 100. It is a computerized long arm so I can do 3-4 per day of the smaller and one per day of the big.

Well, I closed the gallery starting last Sunday (with blessings from the owners). Most of Madrid is closed down, being that it is a tourist town where we get people from all over the country (and world) for that matter. This week it would have started to get busy again from the spring-breakers, and that is precisely why many of us have shuttered the doors. The average age of residents here is 55, and many are in poor health due to decades of drinking and smoking.

K. has been working from home now since Monday, as he is over 60 and a Type I diabetic (his job is safe; he is a government contractor in the Dept of Energy on the Airforce base here). We set up an office in the living room - it is very pleasant there with big windows.

Meanwhile, you'd think this would be a great time for me to make jewelry and play endless guitar, but alas, it is not to be. My wrists and hands have been very bad lately, so I am taking a break from those activities. Instaed I have been doing a lot of clean up and landscaping in our huge yard - I LOVE doing it, but it is also very bad for my hands and wrists. Yesterday it snowed and today it is sunny but way too windy so I am taking a break from that as well.

So what to do with all my oodles of time:

I wake up around 7am, make coffee, allow myself to read the days news and Facebook for an hour or so. Then I do what I need to do to start the day, meaning get out of my pajamas at a reasonable time, wash up, do the dishes, get dressed by 9am. Each day I try to have a project planned out; today I was going to deep clean the cars, but as I wait for the wind to die down I might tackle hand-hemming (no sewing machine) a curtain I got at the thrift store last month and sew a button back onto the duvet cover.

There are still many little painting projects to do, many organizing projects in the studio to complete, and a friend just loaned me her negative scanner so I can start scanning my old 35mm negatives that I took in art school back in the '80's!

I have commandered (sp?) the kitchen and do all the dinner cooking now because I am really good at stretching things out! We had been stockpiling for weeks ahead of many people so we are pretty set for awhile, but the fresh produce is going to run out soon.

So I am pretty set for now. I can't think of a better place to ride out a pandemic than our little acre of high desert in New Mexico!

Thread Information