Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Went through my photos today and deleted probably 1K. I take a lot, plus there were lots of duplicates and such.

Rosa, that idea about credit card in your pocket is good. Your tips to remind yourself not to touch anything unnecessarily including your face are good too.

When we get home from the grocery store, we took off all of our clothes and I found them in the washing machine. I am wearing Plastic slip on shoes a lot because when I get home I can throw them in the dishwasher or in the washing machine. We also keep plastic bins at the front door in the back door for shoes, but that’s kind of a pain because we also need a chair on the front porch to sit down and put on shoes.

We go to the grocery store once a week no more often.

IL: Yes, we have agreed that there will be no quick runs for milk or bananas or whatever. If we run out of something, we will surely survive until the next week.
    Steve: I give a virtual high five to Market Basket for their credit card checkout, whereby I insert card and then remove it. No stylus signing or screen tapping or anything like that. Costco also seems to have this down to a science, and with the Costco Citi visa, no need to even show or hand over my membership card anymore.
    We do not remove or change clothes once we get home. I guess I would reconsider if sneezed upon or fondled by a stranger in the produce dept, but so far, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Hana, you are seeing a manÂ’s suit!?! Wow, that is difficult.
    I made a blazer for myself in 2004, unfortunately moths got to it in 2017. Want to remake it if I can find the fabric again. It was a gorgeous forest green. The original plan was to make the suit for a summer event overseas with a red carpet type thing, and I planned to make a matching dress. He's hoping to organize a smaller event closer to home to wear the suit. Bright side is I now get an extra three weeks to make it. Mock ups are my friend.

I finished and emailed the book review. Suit in progress

Plans for Tuesday
    phone interview at 10am EDT
    Conference call with the lawyer. MiL passed away last week. Husband and SiL want BiL and I on the call as well. Reading of the Will in the age of social distancing and stay at home orders.
    Continue work on the suit
    Knit 2nd sock

Got first draft of my resume done and off to a few people to eyeball it.

Not doing at all well this week with getting anything done. Monday, DH was going to gas up the truck and fill the gas cans for the first half of summer, since gas is way down - and the battery was dead. AAA took forever since the auto place closest is on skeleton staffing. Battery was an unexpected expense. Seems like I did nothing but cajole DH into NOT being totally bummed about this very minor complication. Tuesday, DD had to go run some reports to close the month for the museum, which was open for a week or so in March but is now closed. i went with her to do some tidying up but that short block of time in the middle of the day really screwed up my head as far as accomplishing anything. Yesterday was just me, in a funk, trying to finish up some work-related stuff before my severance runs out on the 20th, and accomplishing - again- almost nothing.
    This really helps me when I'm in this all or nothing, stupid and crappy mood. I have too much to do, and all I do is THINK about it, thus getting even further behind. I know this about myself, but I still let my mind draw me into it. GAAHHH!!!!
    SO - today - I will:
    *call the county, AGAIN, to see if they pay out a percentage of sick leave on retirement
    *compare the retirement insurance on offer (expensive, and doesn't cover my current doctors) with an Obama-care plan. I only need it for 18 mo, til I qualify for Medicare.
    *journal for at least 5 minutes
    *do a preliminary sort/file of at least ONE of the piles of papers I have waiting (I think I have 6 or 7, of varying sizes.....)
    *finish minor repairs on some vintage Easter decorations
    *mend a pair of DH's sleep pants
    That's it. If anything else gets done, it's gravy.

Hana: I'm so sorry about your MIL.

Complete census on line.

I did the census online last week. Nice and easy.

Finally found a good workout video on YouTube that doesn't hurt my knees. I'd been getting my cardio on the recumbent bike at the gym. I could go 45 min without issue. Too many of the online workouts are not bad knee friendly. Joanna Soh, a 20-something woman in Asia, is FAB. She has a wide variety of workouts all all levels. I found a chair workout that's 30 minutes and had me sweating. I combined it with my dumbbeell squats, glute bridges (knee friendly lunge alternative), other core/lower body work, and my weights.

I am really glad I have my class to teach. It really helps distract me. However, it’s over in 2 weeks.

Thread Information