Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Did more cleaning today and beat my husband at a game. I am getting better. At first he was beating me all the time. We now have to shelter in place. We were anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Did more cleaning today and beat my husband at a game. I am getting better. At first he was beating me all the time. We now have to shelter in place. We were anyways.
    I took your advice, Terry, and did not clean. Did wash the sheets so that was a good thing. Did not do any work today, just couldn't care about it. Lay in bed a bit; my oxygen levels are going down below 90, so I'm feeling listless.

We are both making progress fighting the coughs.

Tybee when I had the flu 2 years ago I did nothing for a couple of weeks. You need to take care of yourself.

I will get back to my lists tomorrow. Today was our opportunity to get some fresh produce and who would have ever imagined that grocery shopping could be so stressful. Lines out the kazoo, only so many allowed in, people rushing around and grabbing with fear of cootie faces. We won't go out again for quite some time it was so unpleasant but at least we have what we need for a few more weeks. Back to domesticity and gardening tomorrow before another snowstorm comes...

SiouzQ, your drive actually sounds lovely. I'm sorry to hear about your wrist challenges! And Hana, sorry you're dealing with a bad-news situation. It seems we are all facing our own sets of problems/set-backs/bad news, aren't we? I hope only that I can face mine with the grace and positivism most people here display. One of the reasons I come here! So today, I'm going to continue to plug away at all of the physical and mental "messes" in my current life, lol. today's goal:
    1. Clear and clean the kitchen counter (a many-step endeavor) and vac/spot clean the kitchen floor.
    2. Spend 20 min dealing with personal paperwork

Quote Originally Posted by early morning View Post
    SiouzQ, your drive actually sounds lovely. I'm sorry to hear about your wrist challenges! And Hana, sorry you're dealing with a bad-news situation. It seems we are all facing our own sets of problems/set-backs/bad news, aren't we? I hope only that I can face mine with the grace and positivism most people here display. One of the reasons I come here! So today, I'm going to continue to plug away at all of the physical and mental "messes" in my current life, lol. today's goal:
    1. Clear and clean the kitchen counter (a many-step endeavor) and vac/spot clean the kitchen floor.
    2. Spend 20 min dealing with personal paperwork
    early morning, glad you are here, and I agree about the grace and positivism; it is a nice respite from much of social media negativity.

You are inspiring me to do the clear and clean kitchen counter as I do my work on the kitchen counter these days and it's pretty cluttered.

So today's list

1. clear and clean kitchen counter

and that's it!

SiouzQ, your description of running errands sounds familiar. I don gloves, carry handfuls of wet wipes...I've given up on grocery pickup--can't get a date to save my life, had a few things delivered by Amazon/Whole Foods (half the items I ordered), and noticed a lot of price gouging everywhere from Safeway to Amazon. Fortunately, I have plenty of staples. You're intrepid--I'm not ready to brave a brick and mortar store.

Hooray for restorative drives!

Congrats to all of you taking any baby steps at all.

I'm going to shorten my list to just the things I am most wanting to avoid. The other stuff is more or less getting done.

The big thing for me is grading. I've had to teach myself to do online grading since the shutdown, and it's a little tricky. And I am completely behind on the grading for all my classes now.

I can get caught up if I commit to grading 6 essays and 1 set of journal entries or reading logs or other quiz assignments per day. So that's my goal for today, and I'll let you all know how I do. I also need to do 10 essays on Saturday.

The other two things I need to do is get my tax stuff together for my tax preparer. I know the deadline is extended, but I want to get it done. I also need to turn in receipts for my Health FSA and take the next steps in my HELOC application.

But today, I have two classes to teach, so I'm just going to focus on the grading and report back on how I did.

I’ve got three weeks now till moving. At least that’s the latest, it keeps getting moved back. The igniter on my gas cooktop quit working, my heater for my pool quit, and this morning my refrigerator quit working.

My grandkids are here, running wild, thank goodness the pool is warm enough.

I was a equity owner of a golf club that we sold for a nice sum. The only problem is we get paid over time by free dues at the golf club. We sold it to Allegiant Airlines. They recently just killed all the grass for a 9 million restoration. Guess what just went on hold.

And since we were getting ready to purchase a new home before we sold ours I moved some investments around that put me above the free money threshold and already sent in my taxes.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if our home sale falls thru.

But we are all still healthy and I’m sure this will pass.

My goal today is to get started on my resume.

Thread Information