Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Yesterday:
    run errands (Store/bank drop, pick up some of my beef from DB's freezer) DONE, thaw some of the beef and grind for hamburgers,NOT DONE change our bed linens,NOT DONE put away clean dishes,DONE take three boxes of stuff upstairsDONE, journal Done

Today:
    Work on upstairs rooms for 2 hours
    Finish washing/drying cat blankets
    Help DD change her bed linens (she's not feeling well)
    Change OUR bed linens
    Journal DONE
    Make two phone calls relating to needed retirement info

I pretty much am just on the internet, or watching Netflix/amazon prime. I was getting ready to move, taking

things out to the airport for storage, planning things for the new house, looking at boats.

Now our closing date has been pushed back to 4/20, so I’m not moving anything else for a while. A lot can happen between now and then obviously.

I finished my taxes and owed another $4500, I didn’t think at the time about starting SS, I guess I’ll have to remember to adjust for that next year.

Well since it appears I am not dying anytime soon I decided to get it together and start cleaning). Cleaned the kitchen and dining room. Been walking the dogs daily, doing laundry and still having fun playing board games with DH. My husband’s ex is really sick from chemo and both kids live out of town so we are doing all her errands. My plan is to clean a few rooms every day until I catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Well since it appears I am not dying anytime soon I decided to get it together and start cleaning). Cleaned the kitchen and dining room. Been walking the dogs daily, doing laundry and still having fun playing board games with DH. My husband’s ex is really sick from chemo and both kids live out of town so we are doing all her errands. My plan is to clean a few rooms every day until I catch up.
    Good for you for tackling the cleaning! I cleaned the bathroom today and took it easy as still sick. Husband slept all day as he has the same thing I do. We just took the dogs out in the yard for a run but he is too grumpy to play a board game.

Bless you for taking care of husband's ex--that is a lovely thing to do.

I took day off from working because of being sick.

Tomorrow if I feel better will work for an hour at each job and start cleaning the basement. Maybe.

Today:turned out kind of "meh" . . .
    Work on upstairs rooms for 2 hours nope, not a thing done upstairs
    Finish washing/drying cat blankets DONE
    Help DD change her bed linens (she's not feeling well)no
    Change OUR bed linensno.....
    Journal DONE
    Make two phone calls relating to needed retirement info Done, and I hate doing that kind of stuff!

But I did wash some throw rugs and clear off a corner of the counter, which involved putting away a passel of stuff, so I guess not a total wash.

Tybee, I think you should not clean until you are well. It will wait for you. Tomorrow DH takes his ex to her oncology appointment. My youngest step son is relieved that we are helping. She is in bad shape and he is worried sick.

March 24th
    Big shout out and Thank you to Alan for getting me back on here!
    Not sure why but, the site would not take my password or even a new one.
    So, no excuses today!
    --Sew 30 min
    --exercise 20 min
    --give my house a good general tidy up dust etc.
    --start of sort out of clothes...that was on my list earlier this week but, didn't get to!
    --clean out fridge
    Glad to back.
    --cook a pot of turkey soup (last bag of bones from the freezer)

Quote Originally Posted by hana View Post
    My plan is to finish the first draft of a book review, make a batch of chai, and now that my sewing machine is back from the repair shop I can work on husband's suit. That's enough to get me through Sunday.
    Did everything except the first draft.

Tonight's plans are complete first draft, sew waistband on husband's trousers for suit, and work on questions for a phone interview tomorrow morning. No plans beyond that since we received bad news and need to see what happens next.

Life just gave us a kick in the head, so no new plans until we figure out what's next.

I'm sorry to hear that, Hana.

I decided to take a break from all the intensive yard work as of late (really, the condition of my wrists decided it for me) and took a drive into Santa Fe for some errand-running. On the way I stopped at the Post Office to pick up our mail and was glad to see the two face masks my friend from Michigan sewed for me had arrived. Next was a stop to buy some fresh ranch eggs from a friend; I tried out my new mask and used paper towels to receive the egg carton from her. Then stopped for gas (used a paper towel to handle the gas pump), stopped at the booze store where I wore full PPE regalia to buy a six-pack and a bottle of wine (I really don't care if people think I am weird). I saw so many people out and about not taking any precautions it is kind of freaking me out! New Mexico has a pretty dicey health care system under normal circumstances and it will not take much to completely overwhelm it!

I then picked up some prescriptions (drive-thru), deposited some checks at the bank (drive-thru) and decided to take a drive up into the Sangre de Christo mountains that are just east of Santa Fe - there is nothing about sheltering-in-place that says you can't go for a nice drive! I ate a PB & J sandwich at a completely empty picnic area and laid down right on top of the picnic table to enjoy the sun and listen to the birds calling and the wind in the Ponderosa pines. I continued on up until I reached the overlook by the ski area and gazed out over the beautiful horizon and didn't really have much on my mind other than enjoying a beautiful day!

Thread Information