Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am really glad I have my class to teach. It really helps distract me. However, it’s over in 2 weeks.
    My three classes end at the end of April, and yes, they are keeping me sane.
    Spent five hours editing another course today and will not get paid for it until July, so that's a bummer.

Did some garden work, but really down and unmotivated today.

Teaching 3 at once is a lot. I like one every semester like I had for a long time. Now I don’t have one scheduled until next year. I alternate between being unmotivated and then getting stuff done. I really miss going out and getting together with people. The phone is not the same.

Each day is sort of blending into the next for me finally on week 3 of being on "furlough" from the gallery. What I do each day depends on the condition of my hands and wrists, but so far I've been able to do a blend of yard work, cleaning, and a bit of guitar-playing. It's playing the guitar that kicks up the chronic tendonitis; I managed about an hour the other day, which was probably about 30 minutes too much, but once I get going, it is hard to put it down!

The disaster that happened last Sunday was that my eyeglasses got accidentally stepped on by my boyfriend and broke ( a long story, but all in the name of art). I know in the past I used to ponder occasionally about what would happen if my glasses broke during the zombie apocalypse; it really sucks!!!! I have been using my very strong readers (+4.50) in order to read and use the computer, but they are impossible to wear while walking around or driving or watching Netflix. My vision is very bad! Luckily, my optometrist found the same frames and is special ordering them; they should be here tomorrow so hopefully I can run into Santa Fe and have him put my lenses in by late tomorrow or Saturday. Not an expense that I was expecting, though...

The owners of the gallery are great; I got my full paycheck for the month yesterday plus a $100 raise! Of course I will not be getting any commission checks for my jewelry going forward while everything is closed, in fact I have a few places that owe me money from past sales that will take a LONG time to get paid, if ever...K. still has his job and will continue to have it, as he is a government contractor for the Dept. of Energy. Money-wise, we will do just fine, and of course I have a nice savings account that I have been building up for years. I am very lucky and feel very grateful.

Otherwise, I'm just getting used to the even slower pace of life than I already had, and enjoying watching spring come to our little high desert mountain paradise. It is very sobering to read the news these days - so far I only know one person who got the virus and luckily is recovering from it. It did send her to the hospital for a few days though. I am steeling myself for potential bad news regarding friends and loved ones going forward...

Glad that the gallery owners are paying you. We also are losing track of what day it is.

Got everything on my list accomplished except the insurance shopping. I also ground 10 pounds of beef, browned and froze it for future use. Cooked down a chicken carcass that had been in the freezer mocking me, and we had chicken with linguine for dinner. (Thought I had some dried spatzle but I was wrong.) Walked around in the yard a bit and picked up a few sticks, planned on where to move some of the more enthusiastic plants, etc. And finished re-watching the Harry Potter movies. All in all, a pretty good day.

I need to weld up something that I can pop into one of the floor vent covers, so I can use the furnace to dry socks. My shirts air dry fine overnight, and I know pants take a while, so I have a few pair hung up drying, but socks take forever.

And I'll go sockless before I put on wet socks at 5 am. No way.

Also need to get a clothesline set up.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    . I really miss going out and getting together with people. The phone is not the same.
    Me, too! I guess I am not the introvert I always thought I was.

SQ, are you no longer selling jewelry on-line?

DW also has been losing track of what day it is -- and she's sitting in front of her computer all day, working, with constant reminders. I suppose we've lost a lot of the structure we had ("It's Wednesday, it's dancing night"). I'm more used to an amorphous schedule but I notice I need to think a little longer about just which day it is, too.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Back on more of a schedule. Had to laugh. The ads from a few favourite stores keep reminding which day it is by stating that tomorrow, stating the day and date, these amazing specials will be in effect. I am actually appreciating the reminders but don't actually buy anything.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

We put up our clothesline last week and it's wonderful hanging clothes outside again.
    Just washed the sheets again and letting them dry in the sun.
    May wash the dogs later.

Thread Information