Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

rest in bed two hours
    call parents
    finish bidding process on out of state house we are bidding on

Tybee, so tell us about the house?

Dnc, wow looks like you used up all your bad luck at once for awhile. Is the seller not willing to move?

Let me see where this bid process takes us first, then will report on details--its a new one on me and we're still trying to figure it out. Talk about a crazy time to do something out of state.

My project for today was grocery shopping and renewing a mineral supplement I take (OTC but not that commonly found). First time going anywhere in more than a week. For a city of 350,000 people in the middle of a metropolitan area of 3 million, I could have driven straight down the middle of every road for all the traffic I encountered. Minnesotans (Rosemary can corroborate) like to joke about how they're rules-followers. They certainly seem to be now.

Maybe four people in the CVS I visited (chosen purposely because it's big but pretty empty even when there's not a coronavirus going around). Tape on the carpet indicating where to stand. Nothing that resembles a cleaning product but their selection was vestigial at best. In, out, done.

Grocery store down the street is pretty well stocked on everything but paper products, most cleaning supplies (though there's still plenty of bleach), and "decent" ice cream (still plenty of the cheap stuff in big buckets and the "HOW much?!?" stuff in pints). Only two brands of eggs, two sizes of eggs, one 12-egg carton per customer per day (would have been nice if they mentioned that on the front door, along with the limit on TP, but these are trying times). Prices for eggs (and, suspiciously, other items) seemed higher than usual and several item facings no longer had prices listed on the shelf. The cashier was wearing disposable gloves which I suspect will not get changed through his shift unless something spills on them. He is trying (this store has a history of hiring some delayed-learning [term?] folks, for which I applaud them). Maybe half-a-dozen people shopping.

Second store about two miles away looks like they haven't had a delivery since I was in there last before this all began. The meat section is dwindling (but lots of seafood), they (curiously) were completely out of pre-cut pre-packaged fresh vegetables (no issue with the whole unwrapped veggies), and there's paper over the bulk section stating it's shut down for now (although you can still bulk-serve yourself coffee beans in the very next aisle). Limit two cartons on eggs, but no eggs to be found, not even the kind laid by free-range organically-fed Amish chickens and harvested by people whose families arrived on the Mayflower ($$$$ for being labor-intensive). Empty. So was the store; maybe half-a-dozen people here, too. The closest I got to anyone was the cashier.

I don't know if the Aldi down the street is better supplied (that likely will be next week's stop) but I have a funny feeling about the supply chain if producers and processors and truckers start getting hit hard by COVID-19. Maybe I should start looking into growing my own lettuce and radishes for salads. Anyway, lots of washing up later, that project is done. On to figure out whatever the next project should be.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Husband's suit mostly complete, need him to try it on so I can see if adjustments are needed. No progress on the book review.

Today's to do list
    hem the trousers after husband tries them on
    start the book review
    1 hour sewing a quilt
    find a place for library books so they don't get swallowed by our collection

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Dnc, wow looks like you used up all your bad luck at once for awhile. Is the seller not willing to move?
    The seller of the home I’m buying is going into assisted living. So she is not helpful, but her kids are moving her out. With the little time I’ve been around her she definatly has some dementia.

But actually the latest is me moving the closing date back. I was to close on the house I’m buying on 4/13, and sell mine on 4/20. But with everything going on I decided I didn’t want to take the chance that my buyer might back out. And if we are looking at a long recession I didn’t want to own a extra house. So I’m selling mine on 4/20 and buying on 4/21, hopefully.

That makes total sense.

Wednesday I got the counter mostly cleared and some paperwork done, but DD ran in to some medication snafus and we ended up making a run to the pharmacy and then Aldi, since we were out anyway. We're in a mostly rural area, so we really didn't notice a difference in traffic - there's seldom much unless there's a mess on the interstate, then we get some intrepid truckers looking to avoid the snarl. Pharmacy was a drive thru. Aldi was devoid of shoppers, though, which was nice! They were well stocked except for paper goods, which they are having problems getting. There was a limit of 4 cans of most tinned items, two dozen eggs per trip, but those were the only items I noticed signs on. We buy mainly fresh or frozen, and lots of cheese - none of those things were "rationed" and there was a plenty. Yesterday, my goal was to plant all the mail-order plants that arrived this week, ordered when I had a job and money, lol... And we got that finished before the rain. Today's goal is to work at least 30 min on paperwork, and to clean/clear the Great Shoe Dumping Zone.

Early morning, how cool you get to plant today! We are actually two months away from normal planting time, but we did see a bluebird on the bluebird house scouting it out, so that was a wonderful sign of spring.

Thread Information