Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quarantine Daily To-Do List and Bookending

Great idea ecjhase and good morning to the rest of you!
    Being over 70 I am staying in!
    Dd insisted on doing the shopping but, not sure she is really
    the healthiest of the two of us...sadly!
    But, she is being as careful as possible and not going for anything but essentials.
    Well, I discovered Youtube to watch on the TV and whoa it is an endless source
    of EVERYthing you would want to know....lol.
    I have never been a quilter and NOW I am an expert at strip and crumb quilting
    and so much more.
    Joking aside I have starting to some unfinished projects and spring cleaning/decluttering.
    Like some I don't have issues with the everyday but it is doing more and being accountable
    that I find hard.
    For today:
    --1/2 hour sewing (back doesn't allow for much more then that but, surprising how much
    it ends up being if you do that much)
    --2 loads of wash
    --20 min walk
    --20 min of Richard Simmons on You Tube....lol...there is good stuff on there too
    --1 small on line job for my charity group that I have been putting off.
    --60 mins of cleaning and decluttering
    See you all tonight

Thanks for mentioning deepcleaning the basement, herbgeek! My husband promised me an hour a day of cleaning and I think that should be our next project.

Danna, thanks for mentioning sewing for 20 minutes a day. I have set up my Featherweight--actually it's my mom's, as mine is more finicky and hers works better--and I have a quilt in progress. But half an hour a day to sewing, which with clean up and put away means only 20 minutes, is probably more doable than 2 hours or something.

Wow! This thread exploded! I am so happy.

I haven't read all your posts yet, but I will.

Today I will:

1. make bed, pull curtains, swish and swipe bathroom

2. meditate, pray, and do spiritual reading

3. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for 101

4. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for morning 102

5. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for afternoon 102

6. Learn about Name Coach and post announcement about it

7. Post announcement about Google Chrome

8. Post MLA video

9. Post quotation integration information

10. Take a walk with my daughter

11. Text Martha

12. Order plants for garden with my daughter

13. One hour decluttering

14. Do yoga

This is definitely overly ambitious - especially since my brother may come by for a visit - and my daughter is here with me. But I don't think I have the mental energy to pare it down.

Quote Originally Posted by ejchase View Post
    Wow! This thread exploded! I am so happy.

I haven't read all your posts yet, but I will.

Today I will:

1. make bed, pull curtains, swish and swipe bathroom

2. meditate, pray, and do spiritual reading

3. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for 101

4. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for morning 102

5. Finish grading all quiz grade assignments for afternoon 102

6. Learn about Name Coach and post announcement about it

7. Post announcement about Google Chrome

8. Post MLA video

9. Post quotation integration information

10. Take a walk with my daughter

11. Text Martha

12. Order plants for garden with my daughter

13. One hour decluttering

14. Do yoga

This is definitely overly ambitious - especially since my brother may come by for a visit - and my daughter is here with me. But I don't think I have the mental energy to pare it down.

Oh my goodness, ejchase, your list stresses ME out!! Does it help to put all of these on there? I don't write down things I normally do, and it looks like you do? But I wanted to put three important things a day and get to those so I would feel accomplished.

I'm a teacher, too, but we are actually on Spring Break, scheduled until Monday, then Spring Break goes on another week. I had a student write me yesterday and want me to open up assignments for her as she said she is "bored" at home.

I had already sent out announcement as to our new schedule and there was plenty she could do on there. I made a lengthy, formal reply as to how she needs to read the announcements and there is plenty there to do, and we are on Spring Break, etc. I even have my auto-replies set.

This kind of ticks me off, as changing assignment schedule is complex, and if I start opening things that would not normally be open, other students will be freaking out, and I am trying to keep everyone as low stress as possible.

So there went half an hour of my life dealing with her request, and then she wrote me a very passive aggressive response about she likes to be proactive.

It just gets me that some people refuse to see that they are not the only one in a situation, and they are part of a group, and I am moving the group along in a planned out fashion.

I've had to do this the past four years because of hurricanes, and I know what a mess it creates when I go off script and start letting students work ahead on assignments that may have to go by the wayside, if the schedule changes again.

I had a student write me yesterday and want me to open up assignments for her as she said she is "bored" at home.
    Just a thought here. You're on Spring Break. Is there any school requirement that you be available during that time to respond to students? If you had taken a vacation during this time, would you still have had to log in to check for messages?

My point being, sometimes things are on our lists because we think they "should" be done. But sometimes those "shoulds" exist only in our heads. Just because someone requests something of you, it doesn't obligate you to give up your time to do what they ask. You can, of course, do that because you want to. But also free to ignore the request.

Tybee: DH and I were talking about this yesterday, and I guess it varies by person what is helpful to put on one's list, or even whether an actual list is helpful or not. I love lists! DH hates them! I don't write down "Make bed" because I can't NOT make my bed. The last time I was sick in bed (lucky me, a rare event, maybe 5 years ago or even longer), when I rallied a bit, I got up, made the bed and took a shower before going back to bed. I am like a little robot in many respects.
    I do try not to schedule as much drudgery on the weekends as I used to, since I'm retired and DH works all week. The only "extra" things on my list for today are to do some yard clean-up and try to decide placement for our latest carpentry projects, or even whether our house can accommodate them. I need DH to give me a hand with moving those around (wooden storage ottomans).
    My every day things are make bed, clean litter boxes, change water in cats' dishes, take a walk with DH or somehow get my 10,000 steps, tidy up a bit, and one or the other of us washes dishes.

PS: I did get all my things done yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Just a thought here. You're on Spring Break. Is there any school requirement that you be available during that time to respond to students? If you had taken a vacation during this time, would you still have had to log in to check for messages?

My point being, sometimes things are on our lists because we think they "should" be done. But sometimes those "shoulds" exist only in our heads. Just because someone requests something of you, it doesn't obligate you to give up your time to do what they ask. You can, of course, do that because you want to. But also free to ignore the request.
    Y

Yes, our dean told us we needed to work over spring break allaying student fears, rescheduling our coursework, and adapting our courses to online if they are not already. This is all unpaid labor. If one has to adapt a course to online, it is many, many hours of unpaid labor.

Since I really need this job and depend on it, I have to do it.

But the student was a jerk the first week of class before all this hit, so is just extending his jerkiness into my time off. You can't really avoid dealing with the jerks, although I would like to. But I do need the job and especially now, with my IRA hit so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    Tybee: DH and I were talking about this yesterday, and I guess it varies by person what is helpful to put on one's list, or even whether an actual list is helpful or not. I love lists! DH hates them! I don't write down "Make bed" because I can't NOT make my bed. The last time I was sick in bed (lucky me, a rare event, maybe 5 years ago or even longer), when I rallied a bit, I got up, made the bed and took a shower before going back to bed. I am like a little robot in many respects.
    I do try not to schedule as much drudgery on the weekends as I used to, since I'm retired and DH works all week. The only "extra" things on my list for today are to do some yard clean-up and try to decide placement for our latest carpentry projects, or even whether our house can accommodate them. I need DH to give me a hand with moving those around (wooden storage ottomans).
    My every day things are make bed, clean litter boxes, change water in cats' dishes, take a walk with DH or somehow get my 10,000 steps, tidy up a bit, and one or the other of us washes dishes.

PS: I did get all my things done yesterday.
    Glad you got your things done today--I have one thing left, and I'll be done!

Yes, our dean told us we needed to work over spring break allaying student fears, rescheduling our coursework, and adapting our courses to online if they are not already. This is all unpaid labor.
    Ugh. Sorry Tybee. That really sucks.

I was going to quilt my pile of quilts and now the machine does not work right. Too stressed to figure it out so will wait. Hope it does not need a home visit technician.

Then I was going to set up my sewing room since we kicked out the cats. Cannot find the power cord for my machine. Have ordered another one but wont be here till end of next week.

Lost my favorite pair of scissors.

Good things: Basic tiling all done. Will be grouted on Monday.

Thread Information