Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Just checking in....

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    it was pretty diving into the office
    Got a vacation on your mind, Tradd?
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    Got a vacation on your mind, Tradd?
    Haha. Not a vacation. I dive local/regional - quarry or the Great Lakes. I live an hour from a dive boat just outside of Chicago, so I’m on Lake Michigan frequently. Can’t wait.

SM, so sorry you're going through all those things, but nevertheless, your post was a pleasant one to read. Seems you all are making lemonade out of the lemons you've been given.

I've been sent to work from home, and finding it a bit distracting. Right now I want to go to the kitchen and start a banana chiffon cake for my daughter's birthday. She's bummed because not only is it her birthday in quarantine, her husband is in another city working, she's home with kids out of school, no gym or playgrounds open, and their anniversary is next week. I know, first world problems, but as the mom, I want to make things better.

I've been taking walks in the neighborhood, looking at the beautiful flowers in people's yards coming up in spite of COVID-19, and today, weather willing, I am going on a bike ride.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Yppej
    My biggest problem now is finding certain things the stores are sold out of, though I did manage to get potatoes and trash bags today at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Haha. Not a vacation. I dive local/regional - quarry or the Great Lakes. I live an hour from a dive boat just outside of Chicago, so I’m on Lake Michigan frequently. Can’t wait.
    Oh, I know you dive. I was just noting that you were diving into the office in your post.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Yppej
    Also my governor mandated all supermarkets set aside 1 hour per day for people over 60. The stores have been doing this the first hour of the day. They restock overnight, so good luck getting any toilet paper if you are under 60.

I just got laid off. Boss was such a witch I'm glad to be rid of her.

Tradd, sorry!

That sucks, maybe you were among the higher paid employees and they were just cutting costs mindlessly right now.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    That sucks, maybe you were among the higher paid employees and they were just cutting costs mindlessly right now.
    That’s what I suspect.

Thread Information