Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just checking in....

Just checking in....

Thought it might be nice to have a little "check in" thread for folks to just pop in and just say "hi".

I'm now limiting my intake of "virus" stuff, so have been avoiding most of those related threads, but also wanted to just tell everyone hello and be safe.

Hugs to all.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    I am working in an essential industry and only going to the supermarket and gas station. Looking forward to warmer weather when I can work in the yard, but snow is forecast for Monday so it will be a little while. Stay strong everyone!

Good morning happystuff doing the same only checking once a day and just keeping busy at home.
    Stay well!
    Yppej thank you for your work we need all you folks that are in essential jobs. But, thank also for
    not wandering about too much.
    Be well everyone!

Good morning! Just living inside the house -- and looking forward to being able to do some yard work soon.

There. I didn't think I would ever say that.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I'm in heaven, frankly. Just puttering. My favorite thing to do. Just figured out how to upload my photos so my TV can do double duty as a digital photo album. I have no wall space here for my favorite photos, so this will be perfect.

My only single child is spending the shelter-in-place with us (he has a camper in our yard). Every cloud has a silver lining.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Took a walk with the dogs yesterday and that helped. Saw a family with 4 kids that we usually interact with and crossed the street waving and saying hi. Very few people out. Playing lots of board games. Both of us are sick of it. My dogs need grooming so I did some cutting so they can see and around their poop shutes)

We're here. I'm thinking I will cut back on a lot of social media as I am finding it upsetting. Thank you, this is a good idea, happystuff.

Thanks happy stuff, This is a good idea. I made a list of people to call, some I haven't talked to in ages, just email or facebook. I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do much. There is much I COULD be doing, but haven't. I'm setting the timer for 20 minutes every time I get on the computer with the plan to do SOMETHING else- get up and move before I go back to the computer. My husband and I have tried to take a little walk every day and I'm am thoroughly enjoying all our daffodils around the yard. I am so grateful to those of you who are essential and continue on. One of our regional grocery stores has increased pay for their workers by $2 an hour! That's a responsible and wonderful business practice to me. Stay home folks.

Thanks for starting this, I was thinking of doing the same. I wanted to thank everybody here for being a refuge from crazy. You are the most level headed group I belong to. We have differences of opinion on occasion but nothing like the nastiness I am seeing between the believers/stay at homes and the non-believer/going outs. Boy are people's true colors coming out in their behaviors and words. So thank you for our community of sharing and respect.
    I've had a bit more on my mind during all of this due to the fact that DH had another stroke. Small but significant and it puts him in an even more compromised position. We can't get in for more scans/tests until the end of April. So...…… I'm just praying we don't have another event that involves a hospital because isn't where I want to be anytime soon.
    My son was laid off from his job so he has been over (with social distance) working on our property getting the raised beds repaired and additional put in. We want to up our production for both households as well as overflow to those in need. Planning all that out has been a great stress reliever for him. I am so thankful for our yard and property because there is no sense of the world when we are out in it. Nobody told the woods there was a crisis. The daffodils I keep planting every year are in full glory. The birds, bees, squirrels, deer...… didn't get the memo so they are in abundance. We had baby hummingbirds at the feeder yesterday. We have pulled our zero gravity chairs out to take "grass naps" in the sun. We have been taking the dogs for long walks on the trails around our home. We have a list of projects that don't require going out an getting anything and we do one a day. Hubby needs a haircut and I think I'm up to the challenge but will have to use the dog clippers. I'll have to report back on that. If I mess it up he has hats and we aren't going anywhere

SM, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. A Congressman was saying that the virus is a hoax and was out with friends. So irresponsible.

Thread Information