Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just checking in....

Quote Originally Posted by Simplemind View Post
    Nobody told the woods there was a crisis. The daffodils I keep planting every year are in full glory. The birds, bees, squirrels, deer...… didn't get the memo so they are in abundance.
    I love this. So true.. to reference the "Simple Living Dividend" thread, the biggest dividend this forum has is that we appreciate and practice simple living. I feel sorry for people who lose it over empty TP shelves. Truly.

On another note, I'm so sorry about your DH. I hope all is well until you can get good care in a month.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

My extrovert/gadabout friends are already getting cabin fever.
    I, on the other hand...

I have the greatest respect for those who must go to work in essential services, and impotent fury for a society that allows them to do so without protective gear.

Simplemind, I am so sorry about your husband. Sending healing thoughts your way.

We are all doing well. We're a family of introverts, so the being at home part doesn't bother us, although the resident teen would certainly rather be homebound with her friends than her parents. I have been doing some yardwork when the weather permits, and in another week the house will probably be cleaner than it's been in a very long time, as I work my way through, room by room. I'm working from home this coming week, but not sure what will happen after that. I need to stop reading the news so much... it's really impacting my sleep. More than that, I need my husband to stop talking to me about the news, because he's even more obsessive about it than I am.
    Take care, everyone!

Essential industry here, as well - logistics in my case. IL's stay at home order began yesterday at 5pm and goes through April 7. I'll still be going into the office as it's just easier to work with my two big monitors, rather than my small laptop at home. Having two monitors is essential.

My parish' priest is adapting by recording the Sunday gospel reading and sermon to post on FaceBook on the parish's FB page. Apparently even non-FB members can watch it. Parishes in states (such as OH) without stay at home orders are doing services with priest and a minimal choir (I'm Eastern Orthodox). No more than 10 people total, per CDC guidelines. They're live streamed on YouTube. Several Orthodox monasteries are doing the same. It's Lent so hard not being in church.

Gym closed, so I'm doing weight work at home with the dumbbells I already had. Tried even low impact cardio workouts from YouTube, but even those hurt my knees. I would do the recument bike at the gym for 45 min at a time. That doesn't hurt.

Trying not to eat so much!

SM -Sorry to hear about your dh. I hope he does well and gets the tests he needs as soon as possible.

My thanks and prayers have been and continue to go out to all the "essential" individuals continuing to do what they are doing.

It's nice to get some simple, every day news and hellos from you all.

My house is definitely cleaner than it's been since... well, longer than I care to admit! ROFLOL. And Skyping with family has been a nice "social distancing".

Continuing to wish everyone well.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Geila
    Simplemind - I'm sorry to hear about your husband's situation. Wishing you both the best.

Everything is good here, spending our days puttering, walking, watching Netflix, reading, and eating lots of oranges, which have been especially good this year. I do a regular check-in with a couple of our older neighbors and have offered to do their shopping. I have a brand new grandnephew and am a little bummed I can't go see him but am enjoying lots of pics.

Dh still goes in part of everyday for his essential tasks but is able to come home early. I have two siblings and three nieces/nephews in the medical field so I'm keeping them in my thoughts that they stay healthy and get enough rest. I'll send them a spa gift card when this is all over.

Today the sun is shining and the garden is vibrant from a good dose of rain and lots of spring growth and flowers. Life is good.

SM, so sorry to hear about your husband.

What I'm finding interesting to do is listening to online streaming radio from other countries. I regularly listen to the BBC (Radio 5 Live and Radio 4, with some World Service). I'm listening to ABC Radio from Australia right now. I also listen some to CBC Radio from Canada. It's interesting hearing the news from another country's perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    SM, so sorry to hear about your husband.

What I'm finding interesting to do is listening to online streaming radio from other countries. I regularly listen to the BBC (Radio 5 Live and Radio 4, with some World Service). I'm listening to ABC Radio from Australia right now. I also listen some to CBC Radio from Canada. It's interesting hearing the news from another country's perspective.
    What are you learning? How do their perspectives differ from ours?
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

SM: Hope your husband is OK.

Thread Information