Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking, Eating during Virus lockdown

Dining on homemade pasta sauce with lots of diced veggies and veal meatballs over pasta that looks like colourful bows with a clementine for dessert.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Oldest:

#1 More of the thyme in an omelet

#2 Leftover spaghetti squash with #3 leftover canned tomatoes and shredded cheddar.

Desperation dinner tonight: for me, sardines, thick-cut cucumber, some peperoncini, and a slice of (zero-carb) toast. DW made a couple of eggs and some frozen pancakes. OK, we're not desperate; just lazy today.

I canceled the on-line grocery order I placed. I got a confirmation last night but when I logged on this morning to add a couple of items there was absolutely no record of the order. After spending two hours in a chat queue that was only supposed to take 20-25 minutes, I deleted my account. I know this is a very busy time for services like Instacart, but real businesses send order numbers in their confirmations and keep people in customer service queues updated on wait times. I don't suspect those failures are tied to COVID-19. That's just poor planning.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

I got a few nice tomatoes when I went grocery shopping today. I had tomato sandwiches for dinner. I was craving cheese, so I got two blocks of sharp cheddar. Had cheese and crackers with my sandwiches.

Yum.

Fish sandwiches with lettuce and tomato on hamburger buns. Last night, boca burgers on hamburger buns.

So last night was a casserole called mom’s stuff. It’s delicious and we had garlic bread.

Somehow I came to Hermann with no onions. Ugh. State of emergency! I DID bring leek tops from the city.

Tonight is lentil and brown rice bake with sauteed greens foraged from the backyard.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej
    The last of the thyme in a breakfast dish of potatoes, eggs, chives and cheese, and I started on this week's spoilable groceries with a salad.

I had a baking experiment today making rye sauerkraut bread. It actually turned out as I'd expected considering the moisture in the kraut was a wild card. It will make good sandwich bread.

Thread Information