Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cooking, Eating during Virus lockdown

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Eggroll in a Bowl https://www.idonthavetimeforthat.com...gg-roll-bowls/

Double the veg, soy sauce and broth. YUM!!! I used a mix of ground pork/beef. 2 big bowls each!
    I have miso paste so wondering if that might work for the bone broth?
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I have miso paste so wondering if that might work for the bone broth?
    Go for it. I didn't have bone broth-I used Maggie brand beef crystals to make bouillon. The flavor of this dish comes from the soy/ginger/garlic. I did use fresh ginger-grated a chunk the size of my thumb

Quote Originally Posted by mschrisgo2 View Post
    I just put some of my broccoli sprouts on my sandwich- Wow! Really really enjoyed them. May never eat mature broccoli again, LOL
    I am using daikon radish, alfalfa, and fenugreek sprouts in salads as well as sandwiches. I grow the fenugreek sprouts in minimal light -- in the refrigerator most of the time -- so they do not acquire a bitter taste. I believe some folks enjoy bitter greens, but I lean to sweet greens.

I bought my sprouting seeds (9 different) and 2 "Easysprout" sprouters from Amazon. I don't know what has happened to AMZN's prices and availability for these items since I bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    Go for it. I didn't have bone broth-I used Maggie brand beef crystals to make bouillon. The flavor of this dish comes from the soy/ginger/garlic. I did use fresh ginger-grated a chunk the size of my thumb
    I forwarded this recipe to a few people and one person and her family are already using and loving it. Thanks for posting!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    I forwarded this recipe to a few people and one person and her family are already using and loving it. Thanks for posting!
    Yea! Super easy and tasty. I had it for brunch this morning.

Our evening meal: grilled tri-tip, roasted broccoli, baked loaded cauliflower. Can't wait!

Today's self isolation project: Banana Nut Bread

"Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Alan, that looks so good! It’s one of my favorites.

This girl is ready for a pot of Mac n Cheese........comfort food at it's best!

Dinner last night and today: loaded cauliflower bake, grilled tri-tip, roasted brussel sprouts. I cooked fresh last night and heated up the remainder tonight.

Garlic-cinnamon chicken two nights ago and keto chili last night (no beans, thickened with pumpkin; DW likes it way more than regular chili). That'll feed us several times. Something sweet for DW today with the leftover pumpkin. And I need to start executing Plan B for my lunches; out of salad greens (last bag, dated April 6, didn't make it to April 1 unopened but I'm not running back to the grocery store for a refund on that; they just don't last more than half a week, which doesn't work for a two-week shopping schedule). I'll probably make a mess o' greens -- I have lots of kale and a bone left over from our last spiral-cut ham.
    Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. - Booker T. Washington

Last night was chicken in gravy over barley with green beans. Not sure about tonight yet.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information